Thread: DOONSBURY AT IT AGAIN (Y What a co-incidence with the Commerce hearings)

DOONSBURY AT IT AGAIN (Y What a co-incidence with the Commerce hearings)

Yesterday in the Doonesbury strip, the young wounded soldier "Toggle" (BF of bratty antigun Alex Doonesbury) suddenly became aware that an Iraqi immigrqnt was in his college class, and left, returning to find Lt. BD talking to his mom. Today it turns out "Toggle" "Fled" because he "lost it" and wanted to kill the Iraqi.

When BD congratulates him on keeping his cool. he says: no, I could't find.. gun! Alex..Hid!

Trudeau.

So. Here it comes. Janet-from-the-other-Planet Napolitano's "Angry veteran terrorist" as evidence of the need to tighten up on guns. Illustrated as fact by a made-up cartoon. I don't have time for this nonsense, but now I have to get back in the fight, I guess. The antis know their time is short, so they are going to be busy. Excuse me now, I need to wrap my head in duct-tape.

Everytime I see her last name, the first thing that comes to mind is Napoleon. *shrugs*

I've ignored "Doonesbury" since Trudeaux started his utterly incomprehensible vendetta against Frank Sinatra.

Considering that Trudeaux is at best, irrelevant, and completely out of touch with reallity, at worst...don't think there is much to worry about. He got on Starbuck's case for weeks, when the Brady bunch threw them into the mix, with his anti-gun rhetoric...to no avail. Considering all the shootings at Starbucks...Oh wait, there haven't been any...like I said, irrelevant and completely out of touch with reallity!

Trudeau seems to have backed off (a bit)

Quote Originally Posted by fully_armed_biker View Post
    Considering that Trudeaux is at best, irrelevant, and completely out of touch with reallity, at worst...don't think there is much to worry about. He got on Starbuck's case for weeks, when the Brady bunch threw them into the mix, with his anti-gun rhetoric...to no avail. Considering all the shootings at Starbucks...Oh wait, there haven't been any...like I said, irrelevant and completely out of touch with reallity!
    Today's strip has Lt. B.D. inquiring why "Toggle" would have such an extreme reaction, to which he replies "Not just Iraqi...didn't know who "Metallica" is".

Cartoonists like Trudeau who have an agenda also have a "plan B". I am sure that there were many other postings on other sites, I am sure he read them (and perhaps even this thread). I am sure he realized he had screwed the pooch, so now he's changing the subject.

I have a curious ambivalence toward Garry Trudeau. He has visited our troops at Walter Reed hospital, and graphically illustrated what having both legs blown off in a cowardly bomb attack can mean to a soldier.

Basically, Trudeau's intentions are the good kind, the kind that make for good paving stones on the yellow brick road to perdition. He thinks that if the means to commit violence are taken away, then we can all live in harmony. And I would say Amen to that, except that this would necessarily entail the removal of both hands and both feet from every person on Earth.

And even then, some malcreant would find a way to make trouble.

Trudeau and antis like him are not unlike the advocates of nudism who believe that if we just go back to walking around naked, we can regain the innocence of Adam and Eve in the Grden of Eden.

Oddly enough, these very same morons are the ones who sneer that 'fighting for peace is like (having sex) for virginity".

Quote Originally Posted by Alexcabbie View Post
    Basically, Trudeau's intentions are the good kind, the kind that make for good paving stones on the yellow brick road to perdition. He thinks that if the means to commit violence are taken away, then we can all live in harmony. And I would say Amen to that, except that this would necessarily entail the removal of both hands and both feet from every person on Earth.
    Its not the guns, knifes, hands or feet. Its the brain that does all this. I suggesst we remove that instead of hands and feet....
    Springfield EMP 9mm, Kimber Stainless Target II .45, and a Bersa .380 ... More to come...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringfieldEMP View Post
    Its not the guns, knifes, hands or feet. Its the brain that does all this. I suggesst we remove that instead of hands and feet....
    Too late. Trudeau's has already been removed.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Everytime I see her last name, the first thing that comes to mind is Napoleon. *shrugs*
    Everytime I see her last name, the first thing that comes to mind is Neopolitian ice cream. Then I remember how I love Neopolitian ice cream, and how much of an idiot Janet is, and realize that Neopolitian (good) and Napolitano (bad) are nothing alike.

Oh, the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixphire View Post
    Everytime I see her last name, the first thing that comes to mind is Neopolitian ice cream. Then I remember how I love Neopolitian ice cream, and how much of an idiot Janet is, and realize that Neopolitian (good) and Napolitano (bad) are nothing alike.
    Ah, but then there's Judge Andrew Napolitano. In the end, names, titles, and political affiliations are all meaningless. It is only the actions of the individual that reveal what they truly are.
    "If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Never thought I'd see an Alinsky quote I'd like, but your sig made me chuckle.
    Last edited by sultan62; 09-15-2010 at 03:30 PM.