• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOCA open carry event at Portland City Hall, Tuesday September 14th, 2010

rhenriksen

Wow, sounds like a challenging personality. From the excerpt below, sounds like he knows a municipal law would have no standing, and is interesting in pushing for a state law. Can't say that there's likely to be much support for him from the rest of the council.

"Before he leaves office, Skolnik said, he has a list of goals he wants to accomplish. That includes winning the council's endorsement for state legislation to ban handguns in public buildings, erecting a plaque honoring veterans at the renovated terminal of the Portland International Jetport, and creating a way to put video of council committee meetings on the city website so people can see it live or in archives."

crdonov

CITY OF PORTLAND
PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE MEETING
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 14, 2010
5:30 PM
COUNCIL CHAMBERS – PORTLAND CITY HALL

AGENDA

1. Approval of Minutes of July 13, 2010 Public Safety Meeting
2. Support for Legislation in Prohibiting Guns in Certain Public Facilities

well fellas i wont be able to make the meeting on sept 14th. by the time i get out of work, pick up my son at daycare, when i get there it would be 7:00. meeting would probably be over. sorry if a disappointed anyone. would love to be there! was the media contacted? if so let me know so i can catch it on the news.

xd-over

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
well fellas i wont be able to make the meeting on sept 14th. by the time i get out of work, pick up my son at daycare, when i get there it would be 7:00. meeting would probably be over. sorry if a disappointed anyone. would love to be there! was the media contacted? if so let me know so i can catch it on the news.

xd-over

I personally have not contacted the media.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
**UPDATE**

It looks like this is going to die on the table. The lawyer from Fairfax is no longer coming, but he will come and represent the people of Maine if this measure goes past tomorrow night. There will be a meeting about it in October. Odds are 90% that it will die tomorrow night, and MOCA will be there to make sure that it does.

Maine CWP Training

3 interviews today~ shocked at the response and sent them to our IMPORTANT LINKS page and gave them the password for NO CARRY ZONES and they were shocked again!

EDUCATION

rhenriksen

I looked at the website, but couldn't find what you're describing. Could you post a link, or do I need to establish a membership?

3 interviews today~ shocked at the response and sent them to our IMPORTANT LINKS page and gave them the password for NO CARRY ZONES and they were shocked again!

EDUCATION

ryanmp1986

Can any one help?

I'm trying to find open carry events in southern California!!! I want to get involved but I'm not having any luck finding support groups in this area.