Thread: I Shot Police Officer in Self-Defense

I Shot Police Officer in Self-Defense

I Shot Police Officer in Self-Defense

Fox 16 in Little Rock is reporting there will be no charges in the July, 2010 Diamondhead shooting, when a police officer was wounded. The Garland County prosecuting attorney’s office says charges will not be filed against homeowner Jerry Chambliss, who says an off-duty police officer attempted to run him over with a car and shot at him.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...s-self-defense
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Sounds like the LEO never should have been an LEO. Article cited what maybe a long history of abuse of the Badge.

Steve
    Steve

"Life is hard, its even harder when you are stupid!"

Wait a minute...

Just read the article, and I have a SERIOUS problem with this.

No one is getting charged? If this were two regular civilians (yes, I know that a LEO is also a civilian) there is no way in hell SOMEONE would not be charged.

This is absolute bull ****.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan62 View Post
    Just read the article, and I have a SERIOUS problem with this.

No one is getting charged? If this were two regular civilians (yes, I know that a LEO is also a civilian) there is no way in hell SOMEONE would not be charged.

This is absolute bull ****.
    Well what else would you expect from the "ONLY ONES" ?
    He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent which will reach to himself. -- Thomas Paine (1737--1809), Dissertation on First Principles of Government, 1795

The question is....Would you have shot this police officer, who I might add DID NOT identify himself until several seconds after drawing his gun and yelling at the guy to get off his motorcycle. I would have though either this was going to be the guy in the car murdering the cyclist or stealing his bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ

Quote Originally Posted by farkles View Post
    The question is....Would you have shot this police officer, who I might add DID NOT identify himself until several seconds after drawing his gun and yelling at the guy to get off his motorcycle. I would have though either this was going to be the guy in the car murdering the cyclist or stealing his bike.

If I was the guy in the video, I would have shot. Granted, we don't know what happened prior to the man getting out of the car. However, he drew his gun (slowly I might add) as he was getting out, prior to identification, with no threat that we could see. With the information given, I would have shot. I seriously need to get a video recorder.
    Last edited by sultan62; 09-12-2010 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by farkles View Post

Trying to draw against a drawn gun? Nope. I'd have done a 4000 RPM clutch dump. Use the best weapon at hand (in this case, your right wrist).

Okay, to be honest, I wouldn't have done that either. Graber knew he was being stopped; there was a marked unit behind him with the lights on.

Maryland SP are still a bunch of asswipes, though. They knew the whole thing was caught on camera, but didn't charge him until he posted the video. Then, in retaliation, they raided his family's home at 3 a.m. and took all the computers and cameras they could find.

Actually we do know what happened before this video...here is the fully length video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK5bM...eature=related

I don't see any lights flashing from a marked car in the video. If it was right behind him I would imagine it would be reflecting off the rear mirrors or the unmarked car.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Trying to draw against a drawn gun? Nope. I'd have done a 4000 RPM clutch dump. Use the best weapon at hand (in this case, your right wrist).
    Did you see how long it took him to draw? I KNOW I can draw much faster than that. Also, I don't know how to handle hitting him with a bike. If you do, more power to you. But I'm much more confident in my ability with a firearm.

It is absolutely criminal that the LEO was not charged. They'd have thrown the book at any of us. Unequal justice is no justice at all.