• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I Shot Police Officer in Self-Defense

Thundar

I Shot Police Officer in Self-Defense

Fox 16 in Little Rock is reporting there will be no charges in the July, 2010 Diamondhead shooting, when a police officer was wounded. The Garland County prosecuting attorney’s office says charges will not be filed against homeowner Jerry Chambliss, who says an off-duty police officer attempted to run him over with a car and shot at him.

Link: http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-fort-smith/disarming-heroes-and-shooting-cops-self-defense

sultan62

Wait a minute...

Just read the article, and I have a SERIOUS problem with this.

No one is getting charged? If this were two regular civilians (yes, I know that a LEO is also a civilian) there is no way in hell SOMEONE would not be charged.

This is absolute bull ****.

farkles

The question is....Would you have shot this police officer, who I might add DID NOT identify himself until several seconds after drawing his gun and yelling at the guy to get off his motorcycle. I would have though either this was going to be the guy in the car murdering the cyclist or stealing his bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHjjF55M8JQ

sultan62

The question is....Would you have shot this police officer, who I might add DID NOT identify himself until several seconds after drawing his gun and yelling at the guy to get off his motorcycle. I would have though either this was going to be the guy in the car murdering the cyclist or stealing his bike.

If I was the guy in the video, I would have shot. Granted, we don't know what happened prior to the man getting out of the car. However, he drew his gun (slowly I might add) as he was getting out, prior to identification, with no threat that we could see. With the information given, I would have shot. I seriously need to get a video recorder.

Last edited:

KBCraig

Trying to draw against a drawn gun? Nope. I'd have done a 4000 RPM clutch dump. Use the best weapon at hand (in this case, your right wrist).

Okay, to be honest, I wouldn't have done that either. Graber knew he was being stopped; there was a marked unit behind him with the lights on.

Maryland SP are still a bunch of asswipes, though. They knew the whole thing was caught on camera, but didn't charge him until he posted the video. Then, in retaliation, they raided his family's home at 3 a.m. and took all the computers and cameras they could find.

sultan62

Trying to draw against a drawn gun? Nope. I'd have done a 4000 RPM clutch dump. Use the best weapon at hand (in this case, your right wrist).

Did you see how long it took him to draw? I KNOW I can draw much faster than that. Also, I don't know how to handle hitting him with a bike. If you do, more power to you. But I'm much more confident in my ability with a firearm.

CorpITGuy

It is absolutely criminal that the LEO was not charged. They'd have thrown the book at any of us. Unequal justice is no justice at all.