• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(Very) quick Idaho visit

Metalhead47

Hi all, my wife & I are planning a lil road trip this Sunday, and we're thinking of maybe popping over the state line to the Cabelas in Post Falls. Now if I've done my homework right, Idaho honors our WA CPLs, but it don't matter any way since Idaho is a gold star OC state so no one really cares about my sidearm as long as it's properly holstered, and there's no funky law about carrying loaded in a vehicle as long as its visible, correct? :D

Jeff Hayes

I have OCed in the Post Falls Cabelas, restaurants, gas stations etc all over Idaho many times without a single incident. If you have time try the White House Grill in Post Falls for lunch or dinner, my wife makes me drive the 40+ miles each way just to have lunch there. Yes Idaho honors Washington CPLs, however Washington does not honor Idaho permits. With a WA CPL I cant think of a way you could be unlawful in a car outside of waving it at other moterists or something equally silly. I have never had even a comment about my firearm in Idaho and I OC every where I go. IANAL just so you know.

Last edited:

ecocks

I have OCed in the Post Falls Cabelas, restaurants, gas stations etc all over Idaho many times without a single incident. If you have time try the White House Grill in Post Falls for lunch or dinner, my wife makes me drive the 40+ miles each way just to have lunch there. Yes Idaho honors Washington CPLs, however Washington does not honor Idaho permits. With a WA CPL I cant think of a way you could be unlawful in a car outside of waving it at other moterists or something equally silly. I have never had even a comment about my firearm in Idaho and I OC every where I go. IANAL just so you know.

Yep, your CHL is good for CC and the worst that can happen while OC'ing is being asked to leave. The signs have no legal effect. Just stay out of federal facilities, jails and don't drink.

Metalhead47

Cool, thanx. We'll have to check that grill out, although being anywhere near the "White House" about now makes me kinda leary :eek:. Anything else in the area worth seeing, that's open late on a Sunday afternoon?

cdub