Thread: Anyone watch Stan Lee's Superhuman?

Anyone watch Stan Lee's Superhuman?

The show has been on for a little over a month, on the history channel. Some of the feats on here are absolutely astonishing.

Stan Lee, as some of you may know, it one of the creators of the Marvel Universe, and created characters like Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic 4, and many more. He has a show where he searches for "Superhumans" across the world. You'd have to see an episode to truly appreciate some of the abilities that many of these people possess. If you have comcast, they have all of the previous episodes On Demand under the History section.

He has an episode which features a man named Dean Karnazes, a Greek Ultra Marathon runner, who runs 100 miles a day, non stop. His body does not produce lactic acid beyond a certain point, and at a certain point, his lactic acid level actually reduces.

There's a man named Tim Cridland, who trained himself not to feel any physical pain through self hypnosis and sufi meditation. He has undergone several pain tolerance tests undergone at accredited universities, and withstood over 700 pounds of pressure applied directly to his spine. The machine actually maxed out.

There's an episode airing on September 16th that will feature a modern day Samurai who claims he can slice a bullet in half with his Katana. Another previous aired episode was of Scott Flansburg, the human calculator, who can calculate any math problem imaginable, faster than any calculator, because the part of his brain that controls math problems is actually set in the part of his brain that controls bodily functions, so it comes as second nature to him.

Anyway, there's way too many unbelievable feats to explain here. You will have to watch the show to truly appreciate some of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee%27s_Superhumans

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...perhumans&aq=f

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Yea it's a good show, did you see the one of the guy who shoots .....well hard to describe but super fast. And he's a crack shot shooting from the hip too.

Yes! That guy was something else. He can draw, aim and shoot with one motion.. I couldn't believe that.

His name is Bob Munden. I've been watching him for years and yes he is truly amazing. The show kind of implied that he was somehow born a fast draw, but actually it took him years of practice to perfect his technique.
    I wished they had shown him firing the "double tap" in slow-mo. As I recall he actually somehow uses the recoil to fire the second shot.
    He also favors the single action for point shooting. He once said that a single action revolver, you just point at what you want to hit, a double action point a little below, and an auto-loader (he demonstrated with a 1911) you point lower still.
    I'm by no means as good as he, but my misses when point shooting do seem to follow that pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyo View Post
    His name is Bob Munden. I've been watching him for years and yes he is truly amazing. The show kind of implied that he was somehow born a fast draw, but actually it took him years of practice to perfect his technique.
    I wished they had shown him firing the "double tap" in slow-mo. As I recall he actually somehow uses the recoil to fire the second shot.
    He also favors the single action for point shooting. He once said that a single action revolver, you just point at what you want to hit, a double action point a little below, and an auto-loader (he demonstrated with a 1911) you point lower still.
    I'm by no means as good as he, but my misses when point shooting do seem to follow that pattern.
    From what I gathered, the show seemed to point to the probability that he was born with his muscle fibers being more "fast twitch" than the average human, thus allowing him to be able to pull off the shots. Of course, not even the fastest twitch muscle fibers in the world will allow a person to pull off that kind of accuracy and technique without years of dedicated practice. He probably saw what natural skills he possessed, and ran with it, taking full advantage. I definitely saw what he meant by discussing the single action point and hit.

It's a neat show. The runner was crazy!
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Tim Cridland - The man who can block out all pain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2fAj...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Tim Cridland - The man who can block out all pain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2fAj...eature=related
    I think I saw that episode sticking that pin through his arm. I have been stuck a few times, but it was quick, slowly doing that....ouch!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    I think I saw that episode sticking that pin through his arm. I have been stuck a few times, but it was quick, slowly doing that....ouch!!!!!
    Did you see when he stuck the skewer through his MOUTH?! He stuck it in the bottom of his mouth, and poked it out below his chin...

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Did you see when he stuck the skewer through his MOUTH?! He stuck it in the bottom of his mouth, and poked it out below his chin...
    Yeah....ouch....I was thinking maybe he had built up holes like peirced ears....but I didn't see a sign of that were he was sticking himself.