• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone watch Stan Lee's Superhuman?

Aaron1124

The show has been on for a little over a month, on the history channel. Some of the feats on here are absolutely astonishing.

Stan Lee, as some of you may know, it one of the creators of the Marvel Universe, and created characters like Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk, Fantastic 4, and many more. He has a show where he searches for "Superhumans" across the world. You'd have to see an episode to truly appreciate some of the abilities that many of these people possess. If you have comcast, they have all of the previous episodes On Demand under the History section.

He has an episode which features a man named Dean Karnazes, a Greek Ultra Marathon runner, who runs 100 miles a day, non stop. His body does not produce lactic acid beyond a certain point, and at a certain point, his lactic acid level actually reduces.

There's a man named Tim Cridland, who trained himself not to feel any physical pain through self hypnosis and sufi meditation. He has undergone several pain tolerance tests undergone at accredited universities, and withstood over 700 pounds of pressure applied directly to his spine. The machine actually maxed out.

There's an episode airing on September 16th that will feature a modern day Samurai who claims he can slice a bullet in half with his Katana. Another previous aired episode was of Scott Flansburg, the human calculator, who can calculate any math problem imaginable, faster than any calculator, because the part of his brain that controls math problems is actually set in the part of his brain that controls bodily functions, so it comes as second nature to him.

Anyway, there's way too many unbelievable feats to explain here. You will have to watch the show to truly appreciate some of this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stan_Lee's_Superhumans

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=stan+lee's+superhumans&aq=f

sudden valley gunner

Yea it's a good show, did you see the one of the guy who shoots .....well hard to describe but super fast. And he's a crack shot shooting from the hip too.

Daddyo

His name is Bob Munden. I've been watching him for years and yes he is truly amazing. The show kind of implied that he was somehow born a fast draw, but actually it took him years of practice to perfect his technique.
I wished they had shown him firing the "double tap" in slow-mo. As I recall he actually somehow uses the recoil to fire the second shot.
He also favors the single action for point shooting. He once said that a single action revolver, you just point at what you want to hit, a double action point a little below, and an auto-loader (he demonstrated with a 1911) you point lower still.
I'm by no means as good as he, but my misses when point shooting do seem to follow that pattern.

Aaron1124

His name is Bob Munden. I've been watching him for years and yes he is truly amazing. The show kind of implied that he was somehow born a fast draw, but actually it took him years of practice to perfect his technique.
I wished they had shown him firing the "double tap" in slow-mo. As I recall he actually somehow uses the recoil to fire the second shot.
He also favors the single action for point shooting. He once said that a single action revolver, you just point at what you want to hit, a double action point a little below, and an auto-loader (he demonstrated with a 1911) you point lower still.
I'm by no means as good as he, but my misses when point shooting do seem to follow that pattern.

From what I gathered, the show seemed to point to the probability that he was born with his muscle fibers being more "fast twitch" than the average human, thus allowing him to be able to pull off the shots. Of course, not even the fastest twitch muscle fibers in the world will allow a person to pull off that kind of accuracy and technique without years of dedicated practice. He probably saw what natural skills he possessed, and ran with it, taking full advantage. I definitely saw what he meant by discussing the single action point and hit.