• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive Encounter with Metro

Nevada carrier

I was at the local stop and rob near my place, standing at the cashier, waiting for the system to precess my debit transaction when a Metro patrol officer walked in and got behind me. as I was waiting he asked me "Is that safe to carry with the hammer cocked like that?" I said, "yes, It's the safest way to carry a loaded 1911." He asked why that was. I informed him that the safety would not engage without the firearm cocked. with the firearm cocked the hammer would be immobile. He then said, "thank you, that was good information." I asked him if he was unfamiliar with the operation of an M1911 and single action type semi automatics, he said he was only familiar with revolvers and double action semi autos.

I think he was new to the force, I would be nice if Metro would give more detailed familiarization classes. All in all it was a good experience.