• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Gubernatorial candidates position on "true" right to carry

Captain Nemo

duckdog:
Perhaps you overlooked post #13. The attorney general'smemo of april 20, 2009 says nothing about the 2nd amendment when he acknowledged our state constitutional rights to open carry firearms without fear of being charged with disorderly conduct. He referred to article I section 25 of our state constitutional as our constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Long live Article I section 25.

Touchdown

Any suggestions/ideas on Lt. Gov.?

Lt. Gov.: Rebecca Kleefisch - Unlike Davis, she's actually a conservative. Her TV ad specifically says she suports 2A

FYI - anyone in the 84th assembly, please vote for Marek - True conservative

phred

From 04-05-2010 08:46 AM post #28

referring to: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...idate-will-you-VOTE-for&p=1206503#post1206503

phred wrote:
Yes you are correct, but I believe a voter cannot cross-party vote. That means that a democrat who votes for a republican candidate cannot also vote for a democrat running for a different office. In other words, straight party voting in the primaries.
nutczak wrote
I know that is how it works in other states, but I believe WI lets you cross part lines, that is why I brought this up.

on the ballot for Tuesday:

"If you wish to designate your party preference, completely fill in the oval to the LEFT of the party of your choice. If you designate a party preference, only votes cast for that party will be counted. If you do not designate a party preference and vote for candidates of more than one party, no votes will be counted. You must vote for individual candidates."

Also:
"If you vote in this section you may not vote in any other party section or for the Independent candidates."

So, just to be clear, this means you cannot cross party lines.

Serpent

Neumann today at Wiebkes

I asked him specifically if he would be willing to repeal 941.23. Also asked him if he supported constitutional carry as stated in the Republican party platform.
He said yes to both. No I didn't have my recorder running... oops.

Spartacus

Banned
I asked him specifically if he would be willing to repeal 941.23. Also asked him if he supported constitutional carry as stated in the Republican party platform.
He said yes to both. No I didn't have my recorder running... oops.

Good news. Hopefully he will stick to his guns if elected...

M

McX

vote for me- i am the only true choice.

added on edit; write me in under 'duke of new york'- A number 1.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Just got off the phone a little while ago with one of Walkers assistants. He says he will give me a call tomorrow morning so we can discuss the issues I have with Walker. If we can get this straightened out, Walker could earn my vote. I am very adamant about this issue and his answers will make the decision. I am going to request those answers in writing as well.

Walker is great for OC and CCW, no doubt about it. My issue is what is he going to do with state and county workers. You don't create 250,000 jobs by 2014 by cutting jobs or privatizing prisons. My job is as important to me and my family as gun rights are to everyone here. Lets see if he will make a good governor on all issues. I will let you all know what I find out.

J.Gleason

Banned
Well so far I had to call the Walker campaign back instead of them calling me like they promised. This time they promised to email me Walkers position on the issues I have brought to them. Let's see if they follow through this time or not.

pvtschultz

Campaign Veteran
Just got off the phone a little while ago with one of Walkers assistants. He says he will give me a call tomorrow morning so we can discuss the issues I have with Walker. If we can get this straightened out, Walker could earn my vote. I am very adamant about this issue and his answers will make the decision. I am going to request those answers in writing as well.

Walker is great for OC and CCW, no doubt about it. My issue is what is he going to do with state and county workers. You don't create 250,000 jobs by 2014 by cutting jobs or privatizing prisons. My job is as important to me and my family as gun rights are to everyone here. Lets see if he will make a good governor on all issues. I will let you all know what I find out.

So, you voted for Obama too then...Correct? I mean, McCain is no union mouth-piece so you had to vote for him.

You can vote for whomever you choose, this is American after all. But, if you think that Barrett is going to make you life more free and give back more of your rights I think that you have another thing coming. In keeping with the OCDO theme, Barrett isn't going to support any of your gun rights and by not voting or voting for Barrett, you are contributing to the restrictions.

And I've been confused about this public sector argument stating that privatization kills jobs. If jobs are lost through privatization, were they really necessary in the first place? The government should not an employment agency making jobs for people. It should be a job creator and promoter by providing the opportunity of riches for those who strive for it with a safety net to catch those who have fallen so that they can get back on their feet. Outside of emergency services and the educational system, I find it difficult to justify many public employee positions. That's my $0.02.

J.Gleason

Banned
So, you voted for Obama too then...Correct? I mean, McCain is no union mouth-piece so you had to vote for him.

You can vote for whomever you choose, this is American after all. But, if you think that Barrett is going to make you life more free and give back more of your rights I think that you have another thing coming. In keeping with the OCDO theme, Barrett isn't going to support any of your gun rights and by not voting or voting for Barrett, you are contributing to the restrictions.

And I've been confused about this public sector argument stating that privatization kills jobs. If jobs are lost through privatization, were they really necessary in the first place? The government should not an employment agency making jobs for people. It should be a job creator and promoter by providing the opportunity of riches for those who strive for it with a safety net to catch those who have fallen so that they can get back on their feet. Outside of emergency services and the educational system, I find it difficult to justify many public employee positions. That's my $0.02.

No I didn't vote Obama, and if you were one of the people who held a public sector job you wouldn't be spouting off the way you are. Our jobs are every bit as important to us and our families as yours is for you and yours. If public sector jobs are so cushy then why don't you get one? Privatization of prisons like in the south breeds corruption. Those prisons get paid according to how many inmates they hold and in turn the prison companies have the judges in their pockets. Do you get the picture? It is all about the money and not public safety. The officers get paid a lousy $8 dollars an hour. Can you support your family on $8 an hour? That is why the officers end up bringing contraband in to the inmates. They make more that way then they do on their pay check. Try thinking outside the box that the government gave you to think in for once.

paul@paul-fisher.com

No I didn't vote Obama, and if you were one of the people who held a public sector job you wouldn't be spouting off the way you are. Our jobs are every bit as important to us and our families as yours is for you and yours. If public sector jobs are so cushy then why don't you get one? Privatization of prisons like in the south breeds corruption. Those prisons get paid according to how many inmates they hold and in turn the prison companies have the judges in their pockets. Do you get the picture? It is all about the money and not public safety. The officers get paid a lousy $8 dollars an hour. Can you support your family on $8 an hour? That is why the officers end up bringing contraband in to the inmates. They make more that way then they do on their pay check. Try thinking outside the box that the government gave you to think in for once.

James, I can't say specifically about prisons but usually private sector does the job better for less cost than public sector. Is there abuse? Yes, however, there is also abuse in public sector employment. I am currently unemployed and am applying for various jobs. Looking at state jobs, I am incredulous what the pay scale is and that some of these jobs are represented by unions. If I get hired, I would be baking 15-20% more than my last private sector job and getting phenomenal benefits and a pension. While I don't plan on turning it down, as a taxpayer, I am more than a bit miffed that school teachers and other public employees get raises that beat inflation while even when I was working, I was lucky to get a job at all.

You can vote for your own reasons (aren't you glad I gave you permission? :D) but I plan on voting for Walker no matter what he says about government employees.