Thread: Is this Serbu Super Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW legal in Michigan?

Is this Serbu Super Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW legal in Michigan?

I am going to leave this to the more informed of the forum. Is this super short shotty legal in Michigan?it is a Serbu Super Shorty Mossberg 500 AOW Here's a pic......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mossberg AOW.jpg 
Views:	3023 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	3845  

Yes, it's legal.

AOW's are the only legal way to obtain a shotgun under 26" in our oppressed state. At least if you don't have an FFL.
    Last edited by Michigander; 09-09-2010 at 01:23 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Yes, it's legal.

AOW's are the only legal way to obtain a shotgun under 26" in our oppressed state. At least if you don't have an FFL.

As long as it's manufactured that way right? This can't be made in your basement and still be legal if I'm not mistaken.

You can make it too, with or without an FFL, just gotta pay the 200 dollar tax to make it along with filing all the paperwork and waiting while the ATF screws around with the paperwork, which can take like 6 months. Contrary to the beliefs of some, yes, it costs 200 dollars to make ALL NFA weapons, but it does indeed only cost 5 to transfer AOW's like these.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the alternative with less regulation is black powder pistol sized shotguns. They are available, and as I understand it do not even require background checks. The only downside is that the best capacity you'll likely find will be 2 shots, and that's not that great with a muzzle loader.

Edit to add: For the sake of clarity, if you make one of these yourself, you need a virgin receiver, not a receiver that was already on a non NFA shotgun, because that would be a sawed off by federal law. Same goes for the installation of a shoulder stock on it. Can't do it, because the feds consider that to also be a sawed off.
    Last edited by Michigander; 09-09-2010 at 09:29 AM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

cabelas

they sell a "howda" double barreled pistol in 20 guage or 58 caliber,
    muzzle loader, looks like a sawed off shotgun, both ends..
    700 bucks!!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!