• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at Allegan County Fair?

Evil Creamsicle

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was always under the impression that private property rules hold no weight with regard to firearm laws, they can only trespass an individual if they don't follow the rules. In other words, if there's a "no firearms" sign, police can't arrest me for carrying there, correct?

If you were asked to leave for carrying, and refused, the police might arrest you, but it would likely be for trespassing. There is no carry/firearms law I am aware of that you would be breaking, but if a private property owner asks you to leave their property for that or any reason, and you refuse, you are in violation of 750.552

xmanhockey7

If it's public property, there's nothing they can do about OC. State law preempts restrictions.

If it's private property, private property rules trump state law.

Someone needs to tell that to the Kzoo County Fair held at the fairgrounds owned by the county of Kalamazoo.