• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kitsap Rifle & Revolver in the news again

unknownsailor

Link
CENTRAL KITSAP — The Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office has filed a lawsuit seeking to shut down a gun range on Seabeck Highway, where officials say stray bullets endanger neighbors and people living up to four miles away.

The nonprofit Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club is the subject of the county complaint, which also alleges violations of land-use codes regarding clearing, grading and noise. The lawsuit also says the club has built shooting areas, berms and backstops without required permits.
Case was filed in Pierce County, for some reason.

Looks like a case of attempted death by a thousand cuts. Comments to the story allude to a personal agenda, too, but having no knowledge about that, cannot comment.

Hope they fight this off, I had hoped to join that club pretty soon.

aktion

The reason for filing in Pierce County was stated in the article. There is a long history of Kitsap County prosecutor Russ Hauge harassing the Executive Officer of KRRC. After nearly eleven years of failed charges, he has taken his personal vendetta to a new low, and appears to be trying to bring down the whole club. Unfortunately, I live just south of the Pierce/Kitsap county line, so I cannot cast my vote against Mr Hauge in this falls election.

Anyone who does live in Kitsap, I urge you to reconsider ever voting for this man again.

amlevin

Is this range at what used to be "Camp Wesley Harris". I grew up in that area and there was a Marine Corps KD rifle range on that highway. Used to be a great place to go and sight in a hunting rifle.

If it is this range has been there for 60 years or more. Anyone moving into the area HAD to be aware of it. Maybe they should do like WCW did witht he Kenmore Range. Make it open space and a wildlife refuge.

As for bullets endangering people over 4 miles away? What are they shooting there? 20mm? A few simple "baffles" installed in front of the firing line limit elevation so that ALL bullets will fall within the range. For those dumbasses that can't practice good safety, and end up discharging a weapon while aimed at the moon, the baffles will stop that.

Isn't great how people move in next to airports and gun ranges, knowing they are there, and figure they now have the right to shut them down because they don't like the noise? Time to tell them where to put it.

Trigger Dr

It is a little farther down the road from Camp Wesley Harris. KRR has been there for nearly 90 years. It has been considered by the county as part of a "trade" for other parcels of land. There has been some talk of development of the range over wetlands to the north end, and this may be part of what they are talking about. As far as the vendetta by the Co Atty toward Mark Carter, Mark beat the county on charges, but they have refused to return his firearm and continue to file additional actions which he has been sucessful in defeating. I have known Mark for 20 years and he is one of the Good Guys.

gsx1138

This pisses me off. This ******* has been abusing his power for over a decade. And after so many failed attempts at our executive officer he's going after the range itself. What an utterly pathetic excuse for a human being. It should also be noted that his political rival in this election is a member of this range. So it's very likely this is political retribution.

I also did my part in the voting process.

Last edited:

Trigger Dr

Not only is his opponent a member of KRR, but he has attended several of our picnics. Vote for Bruce Danielson.