• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky News - Lexington Kentucky’s first open carry picnic at Jacobson Park

Liberty4Ever

I'm trying to organize an open carry litter pickup in Lexington in about a week. I'll start a separate thread to solicit suggestions and comments.

Another Open Carry Picnic at Jacobson is DEFINITELY on the horizon... and soon!

I have signs, and banners, and an email list.

Don't forget that the Lexington Fayette Urban County Government is enforcing some rule that requires a million dollars of liability insurance for any publicly promoted event, and that costs $500 minimum and about $10 per person or more if firearms are involved. I think they made up that rule and selectively enforce it as a means of discriminating against open carry in the park after I explained to the director of LFUCG Parks and Recreation that state law doesn't allow them to prohibit open carry. So far, the way we've handled that bogus rule is by non-public promotion of the event. Someone sends an email inviting their friends, and they're encouraged to invite a friend.

Yeah, it sucks, but the open carry picnics are awesome! There are some smart and eclectic people discussing all sorts of interesting things.

neuroblades

I'm trying to organize an open carry litter pickup in Lexington in about a week. I'll start a separate thread to solicit suggestions and comments.

I'd love to have attended this venture, anything to promote and advance the cause of OC & CC as well. Unfortunately I'm tied up with a friend that's coming in and the gunshow that day. I'll be looking out for the OC picnic though! :) That will be a relaxing change of pace for me. :)

Glad to see you back of the scene Liberty. :)