Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Open Carry Meet-Up at Starbucks in GB Area: Ashwaubenon, WI

Cool Open Carry Meet-Up at Starbucks in GB Area: Ashwaubenon, WI

You are invited to an Open Carry Meet-Up at Starbucks in Ashwaubenon, WI. (the Green Bay area) on Saturday October 2nd 2010, between noon and 3:00 pm.

Green Bay-Oneida St & Ramada Way
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    2883 S. Oneida St.
    Ashwaubenon, WI 54304 US
    pref 920-499-4532

The address is 2883 S. Oneida Street, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304
    This Starbucks is close to Route 41 and easily accessible.

Plenty of parking is available.
    Anti-gunners tell us to run away from muggers. What about those of us who can't run ?

Cool

:-)
    Anti-gunners tell us to run away from muggers. What about those of us who can't run ?

Got it on the calendar, I will take off work for that Saturday as long as I don't have any big jobs come in I should be good. Hopefully we will have a big turn out. Anyone send info to the local papers and what not up there?

I'll be contacting the local papers, etc a little closer to the event.

chris morley

Break out your Wisconsin Carry shirts, strap on a pistol and join us for a Latte

chris morley

I wont be able to make it.....thats my weekend to work. I work every other weekend.

I typed up a description of the event and emailed it to the 4 local TV stations and the Green Bay Press Gazette.

Any other suggestions ?

ckmorley

The "event" was mentioned on FOX11 news at the end of the story on "the Pulaski Incident".

ckmorley

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmorley View Post
    You are invited to an Open Carry Meet-Up at Starbucks in Ashwaubenon, WI. (the Green Bay area) on Saturday October 2nd 2010, between noon and 3:00 pm.

Green Bay-Oneida St & Ramada Way
    Starbucks Coffee Company
    2883 S. Oneida St.
    Ashwaubenon, WI 54304 US
    pref 920-499-4532

The address is 2883 S. Oneida Street, Ashwaubenon, WI 54304
    This Starbucks is close to Route 41 and easily accessible.

Plenty of parking is available.
    On the WCI Site. Hope to see you there

Just 12 days to go !

Who's in ????

chris morley

I might be there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Campaign Veteran
    I hope to be there, it's been a while since I have been able to make an open carry function. BTW never been to Starbucks but always heard it has good coffee.

Just 12 days to go !

Who's in ????

chris morley
    I'm still planing on being there. If it's just the two of us, I hope you have lots of cool stories 'cause I'm pretty boring and for the most part anti-social . My g/f will most likely come with and after a two hour drive just talking to me she will be in the mood for intelligent conversation.

check

The "event" was mentioned on FOX11 news at the end of the story on "the Pulaski Incident".

ckmorley
    I put it in my calendar

i might stop in for a hot chocolate.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

I forward we change the location to Culvers.

I think it's too close to the meet-up to change the location.

And I've emailed the media about the event. Changing locations would be confusing.

ckmorley
    Last edited by ckmorley; 09-24-2010 at 01:18 PM.

Who is informed?

Has the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Dept been notified? If so, what to they think or how are they planning to react on the day of the event?

They dont need to informed. I don't call them to say I'm going shopping, there is no difference. Ahh...sheeple and ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by dpcenter65 View Post
    Has the Ashwaubenon Public Safety Dept been notified? If so, what to they think or how are they planning to react on the day of the event?
    Why would they have to be notified?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I don't think we need to notify the police about a peaceful gathering of people drinking coffee and exercising their rights.

I understand your replies, I really do. But in light of the recent occurrences in Pulaski and Madison it would be a courtesy to them as a good deal of the ASP officers are typical ignorant bulletheads. If we are doing nothing wrong why would it be a bad idea to let them know and head off an issue that will ultimately look bad for us like it has in Madison and Pulaski.

Until we get CCW or the public stops freaking out every time they see a gun it looks like we are opening carrying to "stick it in your face" and like we are fringe radical gun nuts. Anything we can do to treat the public and the police with silk gloves and really show that we are law abiding reasonable citizens will help us more than being bullheaded and stubborn even though we know we have the right to be that way. the general sheeple public doesn't see it our way. Its a shame that more people don't hunt, target shoot, and are raised around guns, it really is. but until we change the minds of the dumb public and work toward CCW, we have to be ultra sensitive and delicate with this. If we push it it will backfire. Just my thoughts.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    I understand your replies, I really do. But in light of the recent occurrences in Pulaski and Madison it would be a courtesy to them as a good deal of the ASP officers are typical ignorant bulletheads. If we are doing nothing wrong why would it be a bad idea to let them know and head off an issue that will ultimately look bad for us like it has in Madison and Pulaski.
    The key about Pulaski and Madison was that they both were wrong! Pulaski quickly fixed the problem with some education and it seems like a Federal judge will be needed for the Madison education but please be assured you have the right and the police KNOW this.

One of the best ways to pop your OC cherry is one of these events. It would be highly unlikely that even the Madison PD would hassle 20+ OC'ers.

Until we get "insert minority group here" or the public stops freaking out every time they see a insert minority group here" it looks like we are "stick it in your face" and like we are fringe radicalinsert minority group here" nuts. Anything we can do to treat the public and the police with silk gloves and really show that we are law abiding reasonable citizens will help us more than being bullheaded and stubborn even though we know we have the right to be that way. the general sheeple public doesn't see it our way. Its a shame that more people don't hunt, target shoot, and are raised around guns, it really is. but until we change the minds of the dumb public and work toward CCW, we have to be ultra sensitive and delicate with this. If we push it it will backfire. Just my thoughts.
    I modified you post to show you the error in your logic. When they told Rosa Parks to move (your logic) dictated that she should have said PLEASE, and then moved. The time to PUSH is NOW!

You argument was used in 2008 when the OC movement started. The fact that the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel published an editorial in support of CC earlier this year shows the fear of backfire is unfounded.

It is also widely accepted that CC is NOT the cure all. Even if we had CC, if one of us bends over, and the firearm is accidentally revealed, the police will still over react. With CC, are you then saying OC goes away and "Right to Carry" with it replaced by "Privilege to Carry." If CC isn't FREE, there are many who will REFUSE the permit, do they then loose the right?

CC is needed as a practical matter but as others have stated it is NOT the cure all.

As was posted on the forum by WCI, if the police aren't following the law today, what makes you think they'll follow it tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast