• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Meet-Up at Starbucks in GB Area: Ashwaubenon, WI

GlockFirstQsLater

I dropped by (unarmed... booo!) after work to say hello. Was good to meet you guys, and I promise to come prepared next time.

-Gavin

ckmorley

I watched NBC26 at 6pm and our event was the top story.
There's no link yet.
I think the interviews with Hubert and myself went quite nicely.

The reporter from another TV channel seemed more intrested in leaving than asking good questions.

The reporter with the Press Gazette asked some good questions and was intrested in doing a follow up interview later next week.

ckmorley

WisconsinPI

Good Deal

Was a good meeting, good information, had some laughs, i see someone got a date, aaron rodgers showed up and made pro open carry statements. overall, good stuff, was nice to meet you guys.

ckmorley

I think the event was a great success.

We drummed up media coverage before and after the event and the Press-Gazette seems intrested in doing a large piece later this week.

The TV26 report last night was VERY positive. Hubert and I made some great points and were not portrayed as extremists.

The Starbucks staff was very friendly, welcoming and helpful.

We had a flowing group of between 15 and 20 people there at all times.

No police interaction :)

We even recieved kudos from a Packer :)

ckmorley

Yep, just spent like 30 min on the phone with the girl from NBC, I'm meeting her for drinks thursday. Thank you open carry for this.:banana::banana::banana: