• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

End of summer BBQ in the 'Ham

skiingislife725

Bumpity-bump!

Sounds like some want it an hour or so earlier? I figured 5 is fine but haven't heard everyone's thoughts on it. Keeping it the same unless I hear otherwise.

mparramore

So there still hasn't been a Bellingham meet in...well...I can't remember when. How 'bout a BBQ before the weather turns sour? Boulevard Park this weekend or next weekend? Maybe not this weekend since the weather doesn't look that great.

As of now:
Time: Sunday, Sept. 19th, 5pm
Place: Maritime Heritage Park, downtown Bellingham
BYOB (bring your own beef/beverages)

count me in!!

k.rollin

Bumpity-bump!

Sounds like some want it an hour or so earlier? I figured 5 is fine but haven't heard everyone's thoughts on it. Keeping it the same unless I hear otherwise.

Seeing as how the sun sets at a quarter past seven, and BBQs are social events that tend to go on for many hours (in my own experience), I'd be more inclined to have it start earlier. I'll be there regardless.

Last edited:

Wolfebane

Parking

I haven't been to many of the parks in Bellingham since I came here. Where is a good place to park for this place (or does the park itself provide parking?).

And is it still set for 1700 on the 19th?

ARADCOM

I haven't been to many of the parks in Bellingham since I came here. Where is a good place to park for this place (or does the park itself provide parking?).

And is it still set for 1700 on the 19th?

The park fronts Holly St on it's south side so parking is anywhere along Holly, or up above on Dupont on it's north side.

I think I'll arbitrarily change the time to 4:00pm and everyone can agree or shoot me down. ;-)

ARADCOM

Be there or be square!

So there still hasn't been a Bellingham meet in...well...I can't remember when. How 'bout a BBQ before the weather turns sour? Boulevard Park this weekend or next weekend? Maybe not this weekend since the weather doesn't look that great.

As of now:
Time: Sunday, Sept. 19th, 4pm
Place: Maritime Heritage Park, downtown Bellingham
BYOB (bring your own beef/beverages)

Thought I'd bump the new time.

skiingislife725

Are we meeting up across the street from Jalapeno's? Haven't been to that park in forever and when I go I always just go over by the hatchery spot. SVG, you said there's bbq pits? So I just need to grab some briquettes and siphon off some gas from the neighbor's car?

k.rollin

Are we meeting up across the street from Jalapeno's? Haven't been to that park in forever and when I go I always just go over by the hatchery spot. SVG, you said there's bbq pits? So I just need to grab some briquettes and siphon off some gas from the neighbor's car?

I've got charcoal at my place if anyone wants to haul it (and myself) down to the park. Otherwise I'll just come by sans briquettes and hang out.

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

Yea about that I just went and looked and didn't see any by the portion were the Salmon Pits are, that park has changed I have something I can bring for charcoal. Unless the other section has some.

k.rollin

Are we grilling in the rain, or what's the plan? I've just recovered after being sick for about a few days, so I doubt I'll be there in the wet. Sick ain't a good way to start the school year.

ARADCOM

Raining?

Well, if it's raining at 4 I think I'll just walk across the street to the Waterfront Tavern and order some fish & chips from their take-out window. And eat under my umbrella. One handed. ;-)-