• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toys 'R' Us: Boycott.

NRAMARINE

Did you really expect cops to care about little details like rights? They aren't going to do anything to disrupt the herd of sheep they think they control.

eye95

Did you really expect cops to care about little details like rights? They aren't going to do anything to disrupt the herd of sheep they think they control.

I expect most do.

I find your statement to be an unjustified generalization.

In my experience, most LEOs care about rights and performing their jobs within the law. There are some who behave as though they are on a power trip, but they are a small minority. The main problem is ignorance of the law on the part of some officers.

Jack House

Toys 'R' Us has made it clear that even uniformed LEOs are not welcome to TRU armed unless there in an official capacity.

I posted this on officer.com and so far they don't care. I thought that was interesting, and funny.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?155822-Toys-R-Us-boycott.&p=2547233#post2547233

It makes my head hurt.
H&D said:
If not there in a official manner. Why would uniformed police officer be shopping at toys-r-us? I don't know any cops that wear their uniform to or from work.
lol I do. I even had a uniformed and very much armed officer in my store Tuesday making a purchase. I also see them all the time shopping at places like Wal~Mart and the mall. :lol:

JollyLBK

Those "cops" on that site seriously made me laugh...I'm sure there were a few mall ninjas in there

since9

Campaign Veteran
I haven't been thread-browsing lately and just stumbled upon this. This really sucks - I've OC'd at my 'local' TRU countless times, of course, without incident. Never even had an employee bat an eye over it. Now this. Friggin super. :banghead:

Gotta love the previous century's "disarm everyone" mentality.

Hey, folks, despite it's failure in the 20t Century, it's alive and well. Those purporting it as a way of life simply don't get it. It's an ideal for them, but the ideal is one of "everyone is disarmed," Ah! Ha-Ha-Ha!

Yeah, right. The real world has NEVER worked that way, nor wil it EVER work that way.

Axioms:

1. ALL Criminals, by nature of their chosen association with being a criminal vs a law-abiding citizen, WILL choose to violate the law whenever it is within either his or her best interests to do so.

2. ALL Law abiding citizens of the United States of America will NEVER surrender our Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms, NO MATTER WHAT.

Ahem, TRS, this is what keeps the crimals in check, so that our own children, as well as yours, are helped to remain free of drug societies.

since9

Campaign Veteran
To be honest with you, their corporate policies seem to indicate they've already been infiltrated by the gangs.

Yep! That bad.

And if you, TRS hasn't gone that far, then please UFY and get back with the appropriate law-abiding program conducive the the 95% of all citizens frequenting your stores!

hopnpop

I expected them to get pissed off when they found out cops aren't gonna be treated special.

Ah, but you see, they would still be treated 'special'. My explanation: they'll still go in, concealing, and in the event they had to use it and save his/her or someone else's life, I'm sure nothing would come from the policy violation.

On the other foot, if you or I went in there, concealing, and had to do the same, we'd more than likely still face charges or something

Just a theory - carry on

thx997303

I wouldn't face charges. But that is because in Utah signs hold no legal weight.

Some states however, you may face charges.

protias

What I can get at Toys R Us, I can get anywhere else. Enjoy not having my hard earned money, especially in this hard economic time!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

I expect most do.

I find your statement to be an unjustified generalization.

In my experience, most LEOs care about rights and performing their jobs within the law. There are some who behave as though they are on a power trip, but they are a small minority. The main problem is ignorance of the law on the part of some officers.

+1 All but a very few of my interactions with LEOs have been positive.

hogeaterf6

Seems like those cops didnt get it. The sign said no guns. Then they say they will go CC instead. What part no guns dont they understand? Granted I would probally CC to but 1st would not go there in the 1st place. Then they said 'its a toy store'. Like nothing could happen. Ask them women who got killed in Lane Bryant if it could happen.

Snakemathis

This is why I try to avoid Officer.com. Those guys arent cops, they are wanna be hard asses who got bullied as kids, developed little man syndrome. Then they signed up to carry a gun and a badge to make up for a ruined childhood by becoming bullies themselves. Those are the cops you see about on the news getting in trouble for punching an 80 year old lady that "ran" from them by pulling into a lit area for protection. I am so greatful that the majority of cops in AZ prefer to respect my rights than attempt to infringe upon them because they have a piece of metal pinned to their shirts. My advice, don't ever post on Officer.com. They feel privellaged to be able to open carry, like we do, mainly because those officers dont care to learn the laws. (No disrespect to the officers on OCDO who do understand and honor the rights the constitution gave us. God Bless you and I hope you can educate fellow officers to your level of understanding of the law.)

Now to the TRU part, I am sure they are gonna take a hit in AZ this holiday season since we, as a state, are very biased to the carry of firearms. :)

eye95

This is why I try to avoid Officer.com. Those guys arent cops, they are wanna be hard asses who got bullied as kids, developed little man syndrome. Then they signed up to carry a gun and a badge to make up for a ruined childhood by becoming bullies themselves. Those are the cops you see about on the news getting in trouble for punching an 80 year old lady that "ran" from them by pulling into a lit area for protection. I am so greatful that the majority of cops in AZ prefer to respect my rights than attempt to infringe upon them because they have a piece of metal pinned to their shirts. My advice, don't ever post on Officer.com. They feel privellaged to be able to open carry, like we do, mainly because those officers dont care to learn the laws. (No disrespect to the officers on OCDO who do understand and honor the rights the constitution gave us. God Bless you and I hope you can educate fellow officers to your level of understanding of the law.)

Now to the TRU part, I am sure they are gonna take a hit in AZ this holiday season since we, as a state, are very biased to the carry of firearms. :)

There goes those generalizations again.

Most officers are not like they are described above. I can assure you that none of the officers who have ever stopped me for OC are like that. None who have stopped me for traffic violations are like that. None who I know personally are like that. One to whom I complained about rowdies in the parking lot of a bowling alley where my car was parked and who was enjoying a cuppa at the lunch counter on the alley's dime was. He, after I asked him to do something about the situation, told me to get away from him or be arrested for disorderly conduct.

He is the kind of officer that prompts the stereotype in the above post. However, my experience runs about 20 to 1 counter to that stereotype.

I wonder how folks here take to being stereotyped as wannabe cops and militia members and advocates for the overthrow of our government and... There may be a few who assert the RKBA like that, but the vast majority aren't.

rotorhead

I believe it's all a matter of opinion based on personal experiences. While some people may have very positive experiences with LEOs during their travels, others may have very bad experiences over and over. Each experience will further cement one's opinion.

Generalizations on either side of the issue are worthless, as they do nothing to change people's minds usually. The sad truth is that there remains a group of LEOs in all levels of government who abuse their powers. The good truth is that there are also many who do not. I don't believe there's an accurate way to capture just how many on either side exist really so using word like "most are...." for either side of the argument is purely based on personal experiences.

Ask people in certain areas where police abuse is heavy and you'll wind up with a completely different answer than one where honest LEOs conduct their activities and duties. In areas where abuse is rampant or at least confirms accusations of abuse, and the term "most" becomes a reality of a different sort.

Anyway, I strayed too far from the OP. Concerning a boycott of TRU, I don't go there anyway, so I guess one could say I'm boycotting. Usually I'm not a big fan of boycotts either way though. There are places I simply do not go based on store policies, I guess that's a better way of putting it.