• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

9/8/10 OC @ Apartment complex when ...

Deleted_User

BG at the window ...

Hey look, there's a TV in this *trap door opens* OOOoooooooo>>>...... *thud*

Jimmy? Jimmy? Hey, what's the screen doing humming? (ZZZAAAPPP)

Freeze, Get on the ground.. *AAAhhhhhhhhhhh...* Dang, I forgot about the trap door... ALL CLEAR!

joejoejoe

I probably would have gone out and looked too. The great thing about this site is that OTHER people make mistakes before I get to. Therefore, I get to learn from reading these posts :) It's probably a Father's instinct (or just a man's instinct) to go hunt down the BG. I am very thankful that people here pipe up in a constructive way. If we want guns to stay in the open, we gotta stand together on gun safety and gun situations that might involve using the gun.

Secondly, I would probably NOT go outside with my firearm in the open (in the event you are scanning your perimeter), because a 72 year old pastor in Washington walked outside onto his private property with his shotgun and got gunned down by a police officer. With over 7 shootings this month from police officers resulting in deaths (because they saw a weapon), I have no desire to be around an LEO with my gun openly.

Anywho, time to arm the kids... :)

Joe~

Deleted_User

YES! This is exactly why I posted my encounter JoeJoeJoe, to see what others thought and maybe "save a life". This was an after thought though, as I thought I did it right at first. I'm learning as well from the good ones here, and am glad people can be objective. That being said, WTB electric fence, 20 foot hole, and an LEO to stand at the bottom to arrest BG's, PST :)

jt59

At the end of the day, I want the family safe and no one peeping in on my 11 yr old daughter changing. I personally have pondered an electric screen :)

I agree.....Back in Michigan, we'd take two pieces of re-bar and stick them in the ground about 3'-5' apart (a window width), then, split an extension cord...and connect one to each "terminal" (operative word, that)...

After hosing down the area until it was good and wet (maybe not needed in our weather), throw the switch and just wait until the nightcrawlers came out of the ground....shine a big light on them, pick them up, put them into detention, arraign them the next morning, get them hooked up and then drown them all by 4:00pm.

metaphorically speaking....:monkey

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
WSP trooper shoots, kills trespasser at his home, he as some have here suggested had the wife call 911 and then went out to find who was there (I bet he knew how to get around his property to) Note this is an experienced law enforcement officer that is also an instructor at the WSP Academy and he was caught by surprise and knocked to the ground by the perpetrator with a pipe, he came so close to loosing his life but was able to stop the threat in which the perpetrator died from his wounds.

As with any encounter that is confrontational we must try and confront it with out letting emotions getting us to make bad choices.
Many to include myself when someone has violated my safety or of family and friends gets the blood to pumping and at some level it is good if you are in a fight for your life but when it comes to chasing someone down to make sure they do not do it again or how dare they is when you can find yourself in trouble.

Each person will have to determine how they can control their emotions during this time along with what is their primary purpose of carrying a firearms for self defense, is it to protect you and your family or those in your immediate area or to catch and make them pay for what they have done?

Last edited: