• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Penn and Teller on Gun Control

amzbrady

Are penn and teller from Canada? I thought I heard that once. Anyway, they are pretty good, look them up on Youtube, all kinds of good stuff on amendments, politics, taxes, America, and Illegal immigration.

Aaron1124

Closed minded?

You must be thinking of different people...

Penn is a self described libertarian nut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF_wExWxUcA

Maybe it was their episode on "Alternative medicine" that gave me that vibe. It hit a little close to him, and they seemed pretty dick-ish, and misinformed in it, along with some of the other stuff they've spewed off about it.

sudden valley gunner

Maybe it was their episode on "Alternative medicine" that gave me that vibe. It hit a little close to him, and they seemed pretty dick-ish, and misinformed in it, along with some of the other stuff they've spewed off about it.

I love their shows don't always agree with them....
They do state that they are totally biased right as their disclaimer.
I love the fact they are libertarians...and even when they are biased they are not for the gov. regulating what you can or cannot do for yourself and your body.

Mapnapkin

The way I see it, whatever the topic, they bring good points.
How boring would life be if everyone thought the exact same thing as you.
Most people only listen to other people that think the exact same way as them.
They have a few episodes that bug me but that's what life is about.
Try to see something from a different point of view once and a while

They are heavy believers of personal rights, no matter what you believe, it is your right to believe it.

As far as Penn and Teller, they do take some cheap shot but .. at least they're funny.
and they have intelligently written dialog.
Better than most shows on TV

killchain

Are you talking about the snake oil, the colonics, or the dolphins that communicate healing powers through ESP?

:p

sudden valley gunner

The way I see it, whatever the topic, they bring good points.
How boring would life be if everyone thought the exact same thing as you.
Most people only listen to other people that think the exact same way as them.
They have a few episodes that bug me but that's what life is about.
Try to see something from a different point of view once and a while

They are heavy believers of personal rights, no matter what you believe, it is your right to believe it.

As far as Penn and Teller, they do take some cheap shot but .. at least they're funny.
and they have intelligently written dialog.
Better than most shows on TV

+1 Yep

Aaron1124

Are you talking about the snake oil, the colonics, or the dolphins that communicate healing powers through ESP?

:p

Snake oil? You mean the stuff that is put on snakes to lube their body up?

I'm not going to discuss anything on here non firearm related. Any discussions about this can be discussed via PM or the Social Lounge.

Mapnapkin

Are penn and teller from Canada? I thought I heard that once. Anyway, they are pretty good, look them up on Youtube, all kinds of good stuff on amendments, politics, taxes, America, and Illegal immigration.

Penn Jillette was born in Greenfield, Massachusetts according to wikipedia