Thread: Parable of the Sheep

Parable of the Sheep

Thought it was a pretty good gun parable. Just sharing it with the rest of you guys.

http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/sheep/
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    Thought it was a pretty good gun parable. Just sharing it with the rest of you guys.

http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/sheep/
    good one!
    Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat....Teddy Roosevelt

It really puts things into perspective!

Oh, this story is so flawed!

"In the morning, the armed sheep spoke to the flock..."

WHAT flock?

1,000,000 years ago our ancestors would have gone after the wolves in droves, armed with spears.

Ah-huh, uh... so what's changed? Perhaps our level of technology?

So what?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

duh?

OK i really don't see what you mean. It really has nothing to do about tech and more about the acceptance of weapons. Flock is the correct term when using it with sheep.
    Patrick Henry didn't say "Give me safety , or give me death". Liberty is what America is about.

Will the "sheeple" ever learn??
    Wisconsin Carry Inc - Founders Club Member
    NRA - Life Member
    3rd generation US Air Force Veteran

I remember reading this the first time a few years ago. Bookmarked it then and always thought it was an exceptinally simple explanation that brings the issue into focus for those who take an "anti" stance simply because of ignorance and fear (i.e. most of the non-carrying public).
    I always open carry one of my Kimber 1911 pistols everywhere I go. Usually in a paddle holster. Nothing fancy, but it works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by XDSTEEL View Post
    OK i really don't see what you mean. It really has nothing to do about tech and more about the acceptance of weapons.
    Wolves weren't domesticated into dogs until around 15,000 years ago. My point was that we humans have been successful at defending ourselves against the wild and one another, using weapons, for a few hundred thousand years before that. I am as surprised as most of us are that some people think disarming ourselves is the way to go.

Flock is the correct term when using it with sheep.
    You are correct, and the folks who follow the anti-gunners are flocks of indeed mindless sheeple.
    Last edited by since9; 09-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Wolves weren't domesticated into dogs until around 15,000 years ago. My point was that we humans have been successful at defending ourselves against the wild and one another, using weapons, for a few hundred thousand years before that. I am as surprised as most of us are that some people think disarming ourselves is the way to go.
    www.dictionary.com

I don't like the parable. I'm not sheep, not even armed sheep, I'm not a sheep dog, I'd rather be put in with the wolf, but I'm not a criminal. Why I refuse to be put in with the sheep/sheepdog? they are domesticated things, I refuse to be domesticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    I don't like the parable. I'm not sheep, not even armed sheep, I'm not a sheep dog, I'd rather be put in with the wolf, but I'm not a criminal. Why I refuse to be put in with the sheep/sheepdog? they are domesticated things, I refuse to be domesticated.
    Are you married?

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    Are you married?
    Now THAT'S FUNNY!!

I literally LOL'd.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Are you married?
    Uh, I'm not into dudes...

Oh I'm sorry, I must have given you the wrong impression. You are not my type, I am afraid. I am only interested in females on a sexual and/or romantic level. Rather my inquiry purely professional curiosity.

Are you saying you've found some sort of resource in recent weeks you'd like to share with the rest of us?

A dictionary? Really? Well, if so, good for you! I wish you the best with your endeavor into that dictionary. May you learn whatever it is you may! I welcome you back whenever you feel you've learned whatever it is you feel you should have learned! Please share it with us when you feel you're ready and willing to do so - we're all ears.

Are you saying you've found some sort of resource in recent weeks you'd like to share with the rest of us?

A dictionary? Really? Well, if so, good for you! I wish you the best with your endeavor into that dictionary. May you learn whatever it is you may! I welcome you back whenever you feel you've learned whatever it is you feel you should have learned! Please share it with us when you feel you're ready and willing to do so - we're all ears.
    lol Touche. Point is you're taking the OP too literally. Don't.

lol Touche. Point is...
    Thanks, but the point is you're posting cryptic one-liners. This is a message forum, it's purpose of which is to exchange ideas. Please consider joining the rest of us as we do so!

Thanks.

Thanks, but the point is you're posting cryptic one-liners. This is a message forum, it's purpose of which is to exchange ideas. Please consider joining the rest of us as we do so!

Thanks.
    Kinda like why I explained my point.

OK settle down. LOL I think every one will enjoy this link

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...s-to-ban-guns/