• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

DROS every 30 days...

SpringfieldEMP

Any way to get around the 1 handgun every 30 days?
Let me explain why I ask...

I purchased a SS Target II Kimber that had hammer follow issues and was auto discharging 1 or 2 more rounds per trigger pull. I sent it back to the factory for repair.
30 days after purchasing the kimber I purchased a Springfield Armory EMP.
That same day Kimber calls and says that they are going to replace the frame on my 1911.
They are shipping it back on Monday. I just DROSed my SA EMP. Sense they replaced the frame on my kimber, it has to come back as a new handgun with a new serial number.

It is going to have to sit at the FFL for 30 days before I can start the paperwork and do the 10 day waiting period.

So.....
Is there any exclusions to the rules for pistols back from repair?!? :banghead:

1 2 many

30 dauy wait

The same thing just happened to me. Sent back a pistol for repair and was sent a new gun and just purchased another. Now I have To wait 30 days per gun. Total of three guns

wewd

Better to ask this over on Calguns. They are more knowledgeable on this sort of thing.

ryanburbridge

Sorry I'm no help with your question but I would like to know about the kimber. How would the frame cause the problem? Did kimber explain? Did you ask how they relate. (frame and problem) The only thing I can think of is the disconector hole not drilled in the right spot but to me it dose not jive. If it is the frame I would like to know how.

Thanks and let us know if you find a solution to the wait.

Last edited:

SpringfieldEMP

Sorry I'm no help with your question but I would like to know about the kimber. How would the frame cause the problem? Did kimber explain? Did you ask how they relate. (frame and problem) The only thing I can think of is the disconector hole not drilled in the right spot but to me it dose not jive. If it is the frame I would like to know how.

Thanks and let us know if you find a solution to the wait.
Frame was replaced due to a rust issue... Sorry i left that out of the first post...

Last edited:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
Rust? This makes me assume it is a used firearm that an FFL picked up and is reselling.

Sounds like you're boned. Only way around it is to buy from private parties. Still gotta do the 10-day wait but PPTs are exempt form the 1-a-month purchase rule.