• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway Litter Pickup Saturday, Sep 18?

Liberty4Ever

With all the kook politics last year, I got way behind on the Open Carry Adopt-A-Highway litter pickups. I'm trying to schedule one soon. They're officially sponsored by the Central Kentucky Campaign For Liberty, but other liberty lovers are welcome.

The litter pickup will take a couple of hours. We pick up litter on Richmond Road, starting in front of the Perkin's Restaurant and extending two miles outside New Circle Road.

I'm planning on finalizing plans on Monday. Does anyone have any problems with Saturday the 18th of September, from maybe 2-4 PM?

Don't forget, we're open carrying, so feel free to bring a firearm of your choice. Just make sure that it's always visible, for maximum effect and to remain legal. Don't get caught carrying concealed if you don't have permission from the Commonwealth of Kentucky to do so.

There will probably be some other people there you don't know, because we promote this among local gun advocates, the TEA party folks, etc. Once we have a date and time, feel free to invite anyone who is a responsible firearms owner.

We can wash up at Perkin's and have dinner or a snack afterward if you'd like.

Comments? Suggestions?

http://GunsAndGarbage.com

GunsAndGarbageRoadSign.gif

trooper46

Would love to come and support the next one. I'll have just gotten off a 14 hour flight at that time and the only thing I'll want is a beer, a couch and a hookah.

I am always supportive of taking care of our planet and our community. Add open carry to educate people about their rights to defend themselves and it doesn't get much better!

Liberty4Ever

Well, it's officially scheduled! Hopefully, we'll be doing these a bit more regularly.

We've been a bit busy last year and got a bit behind, but we're back for our 3rd Guns And Garbage Adopt-A-Highway Open Carry Litter Pickup! We'll be open carrying firearms and picking up litter this Saturday, September 18th. Meet in the Perkin's Restaurant parking lot at 2:00 PM for a brief safety orientation, grab a safety vest and some trash bags and we'll head out to beautify Richmond Road in Lexington while promoting the right to keep and bear arms. You don't need a firearm to participate, but you do need to attend the brief safety orientation.

If you'd like, we can wash up and have some dinner at Perkin's Restaurant after the open carry litter pickup.

http://www.GunsAndGarbage.com

Questions? Email gunguy@GunsAndGarbage.com

neuroblades

Wish I could make it! I'll be in the gorge. Have fun! And welcome back to the boards, Liberty!

I'll be around the Gorge area Friday, the gun show on Saturday, hiking the Gorge on either late Saturday or Sunday.

Perhaps we'll see a bear! *LOL*

I'll be the one wearing a Jackass rig with a .40 cal. SIG P229. *LMBO* Think that would drop a bear with a direct head shot? *LOL*

Last edited: