• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Target Shooting in Milwaukee

qball54208

Where is there to go other than Badger? I'm looking for a place with in a 50 Mile radius of Milwaukee.
I recall one some where on HWY 41 or 45 just before West Bend. I don't remember where and the name.
Thanks.

grinner

There's Midwest Shooter's Supply in Allenton or thereabouts. Nice place. Google it for the location.

There's The Shooter's Shop at roughly 84th Street and Lincoln in West Allis. There's also Fletcher Arms in Waukesha at essentially Hwy 164 and Main Street.

Last edited:

PakRatJR

Shooters Shop or Fletchers for indoor. Both places are pistol caliber only.

I "donate" most of my ammo to McMillers in Eagle. At least over the summer months. Out door range, $15 gets you the full day at the 15-200 yard ranges, shoot what ever you got except for 50BMG. 300 yard range is extra.

TyGuy

I thought that it was a thread about a shooting at a Target in Milwaukee. I am relieved to find out that I was wrong.

GlockMeisterG21

Campaign Veteran
Shooter's in West Allis does allow rifles with fully frangible ammo. They sell .223, 7.62x39, and .308 but I've been told you can find it online.

There is also Fletchers in Waukesha and Shooters in Racine. That's about it for public ranges besides mcmiller that I know of.

MKEgal

Shooter's Shop on 84th St. and Fletcher Arms in Waukesha.

+1
I've done all my shooting at Fletcher's, & can heartily recommend them. They're nice people.
Am considering spending some money at Shooter's Shop, but haven't gotten there yet, even though it's closer.
They were nice enough to help me with a problem with my KelTec without laughing... at least while I was around.

protias

+1
I've done all my shooting at Fletcher's, & can heartily recommend them. They're nice people.
Am considering spending some money at Shooter's Shop, but haven't gotten there yet, even though it's closer.
They were nice enough to help me with a problem with my KelTec without laughing... at least while I was around.

Just an FYI, Shooter's Shop is extremely expensive. I enjoy shooting at Fletcher's for more than one reason.

tomm1963

Shooters Sports Center
4900 6 Mile Road, Racine

Pistol only, rapid fire OK, Machine guns allowed. Nice well vented range.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Machine Gun?

What's a machine gun?

machine gun (usually in rifle calibers but the larger ones have evolved into using .50 BMG and larger ammunition...ie 20mm, 37mm, etc.)

–noun
a small arm operated by a mechanism, able to deliver a rapid and continuous fire of bullets as long as the trigger is pressed.

Also "sub machine gun" which is the same thing but uses smaller caliber ammunition such as what is used in pistols.

Definition submachine gun:
–noun
a lightweight automatic or semiautomatic gun, fired from the shoulder or hip.