• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dreamer Gets a new tool...

Dreamer

OK guys, I've had it since Tuesday this week, but I've been putting of announcing my latest purchase until I got it to the range and put a box of ammo through it...

It's not another Para.

It's not a new wheelgun (but that will come soon, too).

It's not a Sig (Hey, I can afford a new gun, but not a Sig--I'm a Grad Student...)

Not the FN-FAL I've been dreaming of (although I've been eyeballing a CETME M-58 at a local shop lately...)

You'll never guess...

Wait for it...... Wait for it......

I got a brand-new Glock 36.

The end times are certainly here, folks...

I think I'm the only person on the planet who's 1911 has TWICE the capacity of his Glock. :lol:

I have to admit, I like this Glock. The trigger is taking some getting used to, but it is fast, accurate, and a BREEZE to clean. Plus it's a lot lighter and considerably smaller than the Para. I've put Pearce +1 floorplates on the mags though--the stock floorplates make this gun nearly impossible to hold onto. It's AMAZING what a difference the Pearce extended buttpads make. The slight increase in butt length is a completely acceptable trade-off for the added comfort and control. Plus, getting an extra round doesn't hurt!

I still consider my Para to be my "pride and joy", but I think this Glock may very well become my "everyday carry gun". It's DEFINITELY easier to CC, and in a Serpa, this thing presents ASTOUNDINGLY quickly. I went with the Serpa CQC because I already know that retention system and have the trigger finger placement down pat from using it for 2 years with my Para. I've done about 200 presentations at home (unloaded, of course) and I think the Glock/Serpa combination is nearly ideal as far as holsters go. I can't see why anyone would settle for anything less for OC. The Serpa is fast, secure, and it matches the aesthetics of the Glock very well.

Anyway, I'll be adding this new pistol to the mix at the big NC Range Day next weekend.

So come one, come all, and see Dreamer shoot (and maybe even admit that he likes) his new Glock... :idea:

Last edited:

45acpForMe

OK guys, I've had it since Tuesday this week, but I've been putting of announcing my latest purchase until I got it to the range and put a box of ammo through it...

It's not another Para.

It's not a new wheelgun (but that will come soon, too).

It's not a Sig (Hey, I can afford a new gun, but not a Sig--I'm a Grad Student...)

Not the FN-FAL I've been dreaming of (although I've been eyeballing a CETME M-58 at a local shop lately...)

You'll never guess...

Wait for it...... Wait for it......

I got a brand-new Glock 36.

The end times are certainly here, folks...

I think I'm the only person on the planet who's 1911 has TWICE the capacity of his Glock. :lol:

I have to admit, I like this Glock. The trigger is taking some getting used to, but it is fast, accurate, and a BREEZE to clean. Plus it's a lot lighter and considerably smaller than the Para. I've put Pearce +1 floorplates on the mags though--the stock floorplates make this gun nearly impossible to hold onto. It's AMAZING what a difference the Pearce extended buttpads make. The slight increase in butt length is a completely acceptable trade-off for the added comfort and control. Plus, getting an extra round doesn't hurt!

I still consider my Para to be my "pride and joy", but I think this Glock may very well become my "everyday carry gun". It's DEFINITELY easier to CC, and in a Serpa, this thing presents ASTOUNDINGLY quickly. I went with the Serpa CQC because I already know that retention system and have the trigger finger placement down pat from using it for 2 years with my Para. I've done about 200 presentations at home (unloaded, of course) and I think the Glock/Serpa combination is nearly ideal as far as holsters go. I can't see why anyone would settle for anything less for OC. The Serpa is fast, secure, and it matches the aesthetics of the Glock very well.

Anyway, I'll be adding this new pistol to the mix at the big NC Range Day next weekend.

So come one, come all, and see Dreamer shoot (and maybe even admit that he likes) his new Glock... :idea:

You truly have gone over to the dark side. :) It may be the end of days and pretty soon cats and dogs will be living together!

I'll never say never about buying a Glock but I have no real desire right now. My KRISS uses Glock 21 mags though so I would lean towards that model for conservation of equipment.

Since I am 45acpForMe I usually buy 45acp guns but recently got a SigP226 in 40s&w just to have another caliber capability. I also have been know to criticize .380acp guns for being underpowered, but just got this week a kahr P380 to help train my daughters on something other than 22lr. I may use it as a deep-CC gun occasionally too.

So buy what you want but as your punishment I sentence you to spending two hours in your local Para store. If your Glock fancy isn't gone after that I don't think there is any saving you. :)

Dreamer

As penance, I stopped by y local Para dealer today and picked up the 2010 Para catalog. It's VERY nicely printed, and is like those "Christmas Wish Books" that Sears used to print, but for grown-ups... :D

The Para won't become a "safe queen" by any stretch of imagination. I'll still carry it occasionally, but I think it ay be relegated to range and BBQ duty, at least for the fall and winter months when the weather gets bad.

Both are good guns. The Para is easier to handle, and is the hands-down winner in the looks department, but the Glock is pure utility. It might not be pretty, but it's rugged as a goat, and pretty much impervious to weather.

The trigger action is taking some getting used to though, after almost exclusively shooting 1911's (of various forms and calibers) for nearly 10 years. But the Glock performed well on the range, and it's a LOT lighter to carry. And it's smaller, and all black in a black Serpa, so it doesn't draw as much attention. Plus it looks like a "cop rig", so I imagine I'll be a lot less likely to get hassled by people when I'm OCing.

sultan62

Nice. I wasn't familiar with the G36, so I had to go look it up.

My next pistol will almost definitely be a 1911, but it'll be awhile.

jag06

Welcome to the glock club dreamer!

You truly have gone over to the dark side. :) It may be the end of days and pretty soon cats and dogs will be living together!

I'll never say never about buying a Glock but I have no real desire right now. My KRISS uses Glock 21 mags though so I would lean towards that model for conservation of equipment.

Since I am 45acpForMe I usually buy 45acp guns but recently got a SigP226 in 40s&w just to have another caliber capability. I also have been know to criticize .380acp guns for being underpowered, but just got this week a kahr P380 to help train my daughters on something other than 22lr. I may use it as a deep-CC gun occasionally too.

So buy what you want but as your punishment I sentence you to spending two hours in your local Para store. If your Glock fancy isn't gone after that I don't think there is any saving you. :)

How do you like the KRISS? I have been wanting one for the last several months but dont have the cash for it yet. How does it shoot? Is it worth getting?

45acpForMe

Welcome to the glock club dreamer!

How do you like the KRISS? I have been wanting one for the last several months but dont have the cash for it yet. How does it shoot? Is it worth getting?

I really like mine. I paid $1600 for it a few years back when they first came out. They say with the 16" barrel it is accurate out to 150 yards but I haven't taken it beyond 100. At 50 yards I was hitting 16oz bottles of water for fun.

It has big chunky parts is easy to clean and maintain. At 25yds I was getting 2" groupings and at 50 was getting 4-5" groupings. I need to take it out to the 100 yard range and get more time in. I fell in love with the design, technology and always love the 45acp offering. I wanted something that I could use in the neighborhood that was safer than a rifle round if all hell breaks loose.

I added a scope for 50+ yards and a light/laser/forgrip for close quarters. It is cheaper than other carbines out there like H&K. All in all it is a great gun. I would definitely prefer the SMG version fully auto (actually prefer 3 round burst) but that is illegal under current unconstitutional laws. :-(