• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Let us not forget the Victims of 9-11-2001

Nebduckman

9/11 remembered

Please say a prayer for Families of the Victims & the First responders that suffer from many illnesses cause by the dust. Let us never forget this day.

I hear ya brother. I lowered my flags this morning before going to work @ 0530. I'll say a prayer for all and this country. Lets hope that we (America) never let our guards down again.

rotty

I woke up this morning, removed my flag from the pole, and replaced it with this one at half mast. I purchased this flag from the brother of the LT. from Engine 10 Ladder 10 outside of the firehouse next to the WTC site.

I for one will never forget the sacrifices made by those 343 men and women that perished that day for nothing more than the desire to help complete strangers. These were some of the bravest civilians to have ever served.

Attachments

• 5_n.jpg
    5_n.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 103

eye95

While we mourn all who were killed, I want especially to remember, and thank, those who died rushing into the buildings to help as many escape as possible.

Law Enforcement Officers, Fire Fighters, Emergency Medical Technicians, and other First Responders.

Many of their lives were exchanged for the lives of others.

John 15:13 said:
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

MSC 45ACP

I'm spending my day in rememberance of two friends that gave their lives on this date, but different years. The first (and most recent) is SOCS John Wayne "Dusty" Marcum, U.S. Navy SeAL. He was mortally wounded in a firefight on 9/11/08 in Afghanistan and died the next day. When I knew him, he was an instructor at SPECWARDEVGRU where I was a civilian contractor. He was an inspiration to all and an amazing mentor to his students and fellow warriors.

The second was Jeff Palazzo. I knew him as a Coast Guardsman stationed with me at Governors Island, NYC. He was a Small Boat Engineer at Station New York and I worked in the Armory, I took him (and his c-workers) to the range every 6 months for semi-annual marksmanship quals with rifle, pistol and shotgun. On 9/11/01, he was still a Coast Guard Reservist and now a NYC Firefighter. He gave his life rescuing people from the WTC nine years ago, today...

elixin77

To those that have perished by the events of 9/11, and those that perished soon after in the resulting wars, may they find peace wherever they go.

May their families find peace as well.

cscitney87

Nobody remembers 9/11. I work daily with the public and how many times was I asked "What's the date today?"

Uh... It's 9/11... 9 years since...

"9 years since what...??"