• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McMinnville area open carry

Christopher

I open carry there all the time..I was in 3rd street pizza last night as a matter of fact and I had no problems what so ever!

I like that nobody even bats an eyelash around here, maybe you will see me around sometime. Just look for a brand new torch red mustang GT or a lime green zx10r ninja :dude: and im glad to here about someone else around here that open carry's.

Last edited:

April.Fools

Have been open carrying now for about a month or so. Generally from the grocery store, to my ATM, and into auto part stores. I have only been asked once a pedestrian why I carry a gun and they identified with me but not totally agreed with it. Might run into you down the road.

Cletus

Does anyone open carry in McMinnville besides me? It would be awsome to know someone else who does.

I "aim" to begin doing so. Anybody had any requests from any retailers not to do so in their establishment yet? THAT would be nice, a compiled list of anti-carry businesses. That way I know to take my money elsewhere!:banana:

Drag the Gutt and Walmart

Hey guys,

I just purchased my Spring Field XD .40 compact, and I opened carried it to drag the gut, holstered strong side and two full mags on my weak side, no mag inside of the side arm. I was with my wife and daughter and walked passed maybe 15 cops some of them multiple times, made eye contact with lots of people and no more than 5 minutes in an older lady said "thanks for your protection, Sir!". I also left the wife and baby and went into circle K in 3rd street and had zero issues. We packed up and went to Walmart to get some stuff and spent maybe 45 minutes there without a hitch. We also met two different families from church who seemed to have no issue with approaching us and yapping about church stuff and whatever else.

No issues what's so ever.

Maybe a side note: I look military, I wear my dog tags most every day, I have a company shirt on that is my own and with my family I doubt anyone thinks I'm "stereotypical" trouble maker. Also people from church know I'm a Marine so that may explain why they aren't suprised.

All in all, good, safe time.

Various thee OC spottings.

just after the Mac city counsel ban on loaded OC, I spotted a very country looking make with his 4 year old son OCing a revolver checking out at Walmart talking about how they can't even check the rounds anyways.

I also saw a man OCing what I think was a 1911 ( I was far away) at a gas station.

Dave H.

I was there last week and was ocing my XDM .40c fully loaded and ready to use and no said anything to me in a bad way , had someone tell me thanks for exercising out 2nd a.
The police can not stop you on just mere suspicion of the gun being loaded.
If you have a chl, then you are exempt from those dumb city ordinances.

I was there last week and was ocing my XDM .40c fully loaded and ready to use and no said anything to me in a bad way , had someone tell me thanks for exercising out 2nd a.
The police can not stop you on just mere suspicion of the gun being loaded.
If you have a chl, then you are exempt from those dumb city ordinances.

I understand that poice cannot check on mere suspicion, and I have battled that myself but thus far I've complied. But I suspect when I get my CWl I will open carry condition 1. :)

We-the-People

I understand that poice cannot check on mere suspicion, and I have battled that myself but thus far I've complied. But I suspect when I get my CWl I will open carry condition 1. :)

With Reasonable and Articulable Suspicion (RAS), they can indeed check for loaded condition. HOWEVER, that would require that they have reasonable suspicion that a PARTICULAR INDIVIDUAL is BOTH loaded AND has no CHL. Without prior knowledge of that individual, I don't see how they can possibly argue (legitimately) that they met the requirements of Terry v Ohio.

On the other hand, the courts are well known to give officers wide leeway any time they say the "magi words" "OFFICER SAFETY". So much leeway in fact that the Founding Fathers likely turn in their graves at the mere utterance of those two magical words.