Thread: I am gonna go check out the new HHGREGG store in Sterling (Best Buy Competitor)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

I am gonna go check out the new HHGREGG store in Sterling (Best Buy Competitor)

I think the store was supposed to open next Thursday but I saw that it is OPEN today. I am gonna go check it out.

Google found me this website: http://issuu.com/bobbulderhh/docs/hhgregg

With an associate handbook in it... It does not mention CUSTOMER policy so I guess I will see what happens....
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Spent maybe an hour in the store with Brookie. Looked at appliances, TV's Camera's, etc. No high pressure sales, nobody said anything about my Kimber. Brooke wanted to go to Best Buy too so we went there as well.. no issues or words at either place.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    Spent maybe an hour in the store with Brookie. Looked at appliances, TV's Camera's, etc. No high pressure sales, nobody said anything about my Kimber. Brooke wanted to go to Best Buy too so we went there as well.. no issues or words at either place.
    I've carried in the one in Richmond. No one said a word. They don't have much though.

I was over there last weekend, and there were no issues with my OC, either.

I recently applied for a job at the Richmond HHgreg, the GM there is former law enforcement, he's a really cool guy. i told him how i used to work at southern police equipment and he wanted to hire me, but my volunteer emt class schedule this fall conflicted with the days he needed me to work.

I'm not sure how he would respond to OC though.

on a side note i wouldn't call them best buys competition, more like sears. they don't have video games, music, dvd's or computers, or car audio. Its a pretty boring store, but that's just my .02 lol.

I was at the Sterling store yesterday with my family and had no issues while OC'ing.

This includes using any tool, supply, product or other resource in a manner than implies that it is a weapon.
    Well I guess you can not drive a car there if you work there. 2,000 pound vehicle = weapon. Duh.

They are about to open a new one in Chesapeake. Next door to the walmart near volvo parkway.
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 09-13-2010 at 10:40 AM.