• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on the Palm Gun

Thundar

Constitution Arms sent out this email alert re: progress on their unique pistol. The brains behind the operation reckons his weapon might need a PDX-1-style defensive cartridge . . .

Endurance testing of the Palm Pistol prototype was completed in August, 2010. The procedure consisted of firing 10,000 standard rounds and 100 proof loads. Every 500 rounds, the gun was completely disassembled and subjected to wet fluorescent magnetic particle inspection (MPI) by an ASTM certified non-destructive testing laboratory . . .

Link: http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/09/robert-farago/dear-potential-palm-pistol-customer/

wewd

I'm almost positive that this gun will be re-classified as a Title II AOW, so its sales to civilians will require the usual NFA paperwork and a $5 tax stamp. I know that the ATF has tentatively declared it a Title I handgun, but it wouldn't be the first time they've changed their minds on something like this. For the simple fact that it does not resemble any normal handgun and could be easily mistaken for something else, it would be classified as an AOW.

Wastelander

Interesting concept, but I fail to see how this is any better than a pocket pistol--it looks bigger and only holds one round.

flb_78

This gun is designed for people with weak hands and it's a very basic self defense for an eldery person or someone with a handicap.

I don't believe it's designed to replace a pocket pistol for most folks.

http://www.palmpistol.com/

It is also ideal for seniors, disabled or others who may have limited strength or manual dexterity.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Are my eyes deceiving me here or is that thing primarily of polymer construction aside from chamber and barrel?

Interesting concept for sure. Someone thought of a unique way to solve a problem. I'm reminded of the Kriss super-v (name?).

Last edited:
K

kittyhawk63

My first reaction to its design: hand grenade of some sort. If someone sees you are CCing and calls 911, what will a PO think, in the excitement of the moment, if one of these comes out when the PO asks to see the concealed weapon? It's best to let the PO retrieve it. Second reaction: One shot? How many people, especially when afraid and the adrenalin is flowing, can hit, stop, and kill their assailant with one shot? Remember, the assailant also has adrenalin going...one shot may not stop him/her. Then what...call 911?

Last edited:

Thundar

I'm almost positive that this gun will be re-classified as a Title II AOW, so its sales to civilians will require the usual NFA paperwork and a $5 tax stamp. I know that the ATF has tentatively declared it a Title I handgun, but it wouldn't be the first time they've changed their minds on something like this. For the simple fact that it does not resemble any normal handgun and could be easily mistaken for something else, it would be classified as an AOW.

It seems to fit the definition of a handgun.