Thread: Are they conducting Warrantles Weapon Searches at PATCO Train Stations

Are they conducting Warrantles Weapon Searches at PATCO Train Stations

I heard that TSA was conducting searches at PATCO stations, including bag and k-9 searches looking for weapons. Any truth to this?

I wouldn't believe this except you know, Philly and New Jersey - anything is possible!
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Founder's Club Member
    What is a PATCO station?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    What is a PATCO station?
    A high speed train line between Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia
    http://www.ridepatco.org/stations/routemap.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    A high speed train line between Southern New Jersey and Philadelphia
    Jeezus! If I lived in either of those places, I wouldn't wanna visit the other. And I darned sure wouldn't wanna get there fast. Gimme the slow train. Gimme the old, tired, worn out freight train that "...stops at all RR Xings".

'Course, I might be a little prejudiced toward VA.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundar View Post
    I heard that TSA was conducting searches at PATCO stations, including bag and k-9 searches looking for weapons. Any truth to this?

I wouldn't believe this except you know, Philly and New Jersey - anything is possible!
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...undergo-search

LINDENWOLD — A swarm of DRPA police officers, uniformed screeners from the federal Transportation Security Administration and an explosives-sniffing K-9 greeted commuters at the Lindenwold PATCO station Tuesday morning, the first of what will be routine random searches of riders, their bags and vehicles.

After a lazy three-day weekend, the commotion took Kevin Greczyn, a regular PATCO commuter into Philadelphia, by surprise.

"It was chaotic," said the accountant from Magnolia. "Nobody was sure what was happening, whether it was safe to get on the train, or whether we were carrying something we shouldn't be.

"There were no guidelines, so we had no idea if something was illegal today that was legal yesterday,"

Between 6 and 10 a.m., about 12 TSA workers at Lindenwold screened 663 bags randomly selected from the morning rush, said Delaware River Port Authority Police Chief David McClintock.

"To my knowledge, the only item they confiscated was a crack pipe," he said. "That guy was arrested because a warrant was out for his arrest in Atlantic City. Screeners also found a fishing knife in a bag, but they decided there was no reason to keep it."

Contrary to some of the comments at that article, PATCO is not private property. It is owned and operated by the Delaware River Port Authority, a bi-state government agency created by Congress.

I didn't see anything about legally owned firearms prohibited on PATCO? That's not the case(so there's a total ban)?

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    The only legally-carried firearms you'd most likely find being carried on a PATCO train would be someone carrying under the authority of LEOSA.

Pa. LTCFs aren't valid in N.J. N.J. rarely, if ever, issues carry licenses. And, if they did, Pa. wouldn't honor them.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...undergo-search

Contrary to some of the comments at that article, PATCO is not private property. It is owned and operated by the Delaware River Port Authority, a bi-state government agency created by Congress.
    What gives them the right to demand that citizens submit to a search?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Legally? Nothing whatsoever.

Next question.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Legally? Nothing whatsoever.
    Practically? They have guns and dogs and handcuffs and the power to screw up your whole day, week, and possibly lifetime.