• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Utah

computerizedfish

Hello everyone, it has been a little while since I last logged on but I just moved to Orem. I unfortunently had to sell my pistol to pay the bills but now have a good job and am looking to get a new OC gun. Anyways, I have a 10/22 I need to sight in and was wondering if anyone has some info on ranges or places to do some target practice in the Provo/Orem area. I see that there is an indoor range in the orem rec center and a range near squaw peak, so if anyone has used these places or has some other insight, it would be appreciated.

-Ryan

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
Welcome to the UC!

Welcome to Utah County!

You are correct, there are a handful of indoor and outdoor ranges here in the valley, some of them are...

* The indoor range at the Orem Fitness Center.

* An outdoor range near Squaw Peak operated by Provo City.

* Discount Guns and Ammo in Provo.

* Rangemasters of Utah in Springville.

I personally do not like indoor ranges, and do the bulk of my shooting in the West Mountain area near Payson.

manithree

Welcome to Utah County!

I personally do not like indoor ranges

Both of those.

The Provo range is a great place to sight in a rifle. Also a great place to take kids and new shooters because for $10 you get exclusive use of the range for 3 hours. You have to go to Provo twice (get the key, return the key). Or you can go when they're open to the public and pay $2. It's a nice range.

At the Orem Rec, you might get an hour, you might only get 15 minutes for your $4. If you're FAST, and 50 feet is far enough it might do for you. But I only go there when the weather makes it impossible to go anywhere else.

I just sighted in my son's 10/22 Saturday a little further up the Squaw Peak road (out of Provo, into the National Forest). No benches, no cover, and it wasn't flat, but it was free.

Sorti

Welcome to Utah! Good luck on picking up another handgun.

Keep an eye on ksl.com classified. There are a lot of weapons posted on there.

Orem is a bit far for me. Don't think I have ever even been there unless I passed thru it going to or from Idaho. So I will have to pass a range trip.

Enjoy the freedoms of OC'ing in Utah. It's a great place to be.

Sorti.