• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sheriff candidates discuss crime, safety in Door County. Vogel(R),Larson(R) Oakley(D)

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...andidates-discuss-crime-safety-in-Door-County
PressGazette.com said:
All three recognized the right to carry open firearms but only Oakley favored the right to carry concealed weapons. Larson called concealed carry "a recipe for disaster ... especially in traffic stops, domestic calls and bar fights." He approved of it for himself as a retired officer, with a permit, but not for the general public. Vogel said the problem in the past has been how concealed carry laws were written, not allowing enough time and money for the sheriff's department to do adequate background checks.
I told Vogel that he had my vote for the others not having substantive positive improvements. Larson is just more "we're the only ones", and Oakley is too stupid to not admit to being a dummie-crat.

Mlutz

Yes, thank god no one takes firearms into bars... It would be a "disaster"... I guess he does not get it... Thats too bad...