• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proof that Open/Concealed Carriers live in a dream world?

since9

Campaign Veteran
I think its called a red herring I think.

Yes, she committed nearly a dozen serious logical fallacies in her presentation. There are several dozen fallacious arguements put forth by agenda-ists who believe their ideas *somehow* trump reality.

Something I have noticed is it really annoys liberal types to have their logical fallacies pointed out to them. I think its because many of them attempt to show or call any arguments they can't refute fallacies.

Something I have noticed is that some people's lack of ability to think logically is what allows them to buy into the liberalist horsehockey in the first place. As Qui-Gon Jinn said in Star Wars I: "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent."

The writer/narrator of the program reminds me most of Jar-Jar.

XD40coyote

Also, regarding: "If you go for a month to two months without training you lose it," referring to keeping in practice to be able to respond to a threat. Most regular LEOs don't train that often.

F that. I retained my situational awareness long after I removed myself from the dangerous neighborhood I was living in. It had become 2nd nature. And I am talking more than a decade removed, and still "scanning" even in nearly crime free rural areas and in towns in PA with barely any violent crime. Ok, well maybe the "scanning" was for rabid animals LOL- but seriously, I learned stuff and it kept. Other things that are retained- quick reflexes, despite having gained a good bit of weight and getting older. I also have noticed better hearing in the last 3 years or so, so long as things are fairly quiet to begin with. Nights filled with noisy crickets and katydids, or a town with noisy cars and trucks, or a room of talking people, and the keen hearing can't be focused.

I'd think that my gun training would also stick, though since shooting is enjoyable, it's not like I'm going to not do it all for 10+ years. I can shoot on private property, so quick draws and similar are things I can do. I could go outside right now and fire a few off and nobody would care ( I wouldn't do a 2 hour session with friends and extra loud rifles at night though- only in "normal" daytime hours LOL). If I didn't have this place to shoot at, I'd find another- the farms I trap on would be a start. Large rural landscapes, lots of hills for backstops, and groundhogs-if nothing else! Even the landowners who might not want target shooting wouldn't mind groundhog hunting.

Last edited:

rodbender

Something I have noticed is that some people's lack of ability to think logically is what allows them to buy into the liberalist horsehockey in the first place. As Qui-Gon Jinn said in Star Wars I: "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent."

The writer/narrator of the program reminds me most of Jar-Jar.

As Will Rogers said, "The thing about common sense is...it ain't too common".