• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Puyallup kinda funny

Sparky508

So my son and I head down to Puyallup, as hes practicing for his drivers test next week, and we stop down at the park near the old library down town. We do a lap around the park on foot and than another around the block by Forzas. As we are walking , we see a bike cop, he passes us without a glance, and rolls on by, talking on his radio. We round the corner, and this dude pops out of the hedges, with a duffel, when he sees us, he hops back in and ditches it.
Well, the PPD is down the alley, and they have a couple of kids that there talking to, so I walk down the alley, and tell the cops, about the duffel.

I approached the officers and said, "Evening gentlemen, I don't know if it has anything to do with what your working on here, but a kid just dropped a duffel in the hedge around the corner."

Gave the description location etc, and as I am done and ready to go he asks, "Who do you work with?"

I kind of smiled a bit, and replied, "Nobody. Have a good evening." Turned and walked back to my son and his car.

We were both pretty curious at this point, so we hung around for a bit to see what these old boys would find in the bag. Soon enough the cop drags the bag out of the bushes and starts yardin crap out of it, and my son asks what was in it?

He comes over to the car, and tells us there was narcotics and needles and juicy tidbits like that inside. We told him which way the guy was heading and a crappy description and all that, and he asks again,
"What agency are you with?"

I told him again that I wasn't with anybody.

"So, you just open carry cause you can?"

I had to pause for a second or two, I was hesitant to respond, but I did anyhow, "Not just because I can, but I do."

"Well, it's just that you don't see guys carrying openly like that, you know."

I replied, "Its just an option to carrying concealed." He seemed to relax a bit, and nodded, I bid him evening again and we left.

I just thought it was such a hilarious exchange, we laughed all the way home, the alternate endings and after thought comments.

jt59

So my son and I head down to Puyallup, as hes practicing for his drivers test next week, and we stop down at the park near the old library down town. We do a lap around the park on foot and than another around the block by Forzas. As we are walking , we see a bike cop, he passes us without a glance, and rolls on by, talking on his radio. We round the corner, and this dude pops out of the hedges, with a duffel, when he sees us, he hops back in and ditches it.
Well, the PPD is down the alley, and they have a couple of kids that there talking to, so I walk down the alley, and tell the cops, about the duffel.

I approached the officers and said, "Evening gentlemen, I don't know if it has anything to do with what your working on here, but a kid just dropped a duffel in the hedge around the corner."

Gave the description location etc, and as I am done and ready to go he asks, "Who do you work with?"

I kind of smiled a bit, and replied, "Nobody. Have a good evening." Turned and walked back to my son and his car.

We were both pretty curious at this point, so we hung around for a bit to see what these old boys would find in the bag. Soon enough the cop drags the bag out of the bushes and starts yardin crap out of it, and my son asks what was in it?

He comes over to the car, and tells us there was narcotics and needles and juicy tidbits like that inside. We told him which way the guy was heading and a crappy description and all that, and he asks again,
"What agency are you with?"

I told him again that I wasn't with anybody.

"So, you just open carry cause you can?"

I had to pause for a second or two, I was hesitant to respond, but I did anyhow, "Not just because I can, but I do."

"Well, it's just that you don't see guys carrying openly like that, you know."

I replied, "Its just an option to carrying concealed." He seemed to relax a bit, and nodded, I bid him evening again and we left.

I just thought it was such a hilarious exchange, we laughed all the way home, the alternate endings and after thought comments.

Nice!

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Sparky508 great encounter and thank you for being such a good representative of the armed citizen.

There are several others in the forum are also good role models and representatives of the law abiding armed citizen that many could pick up from.

I thank them as well.

Genken

Nice work! Glad they knew not to give you any real hassle about having your sidearm on.