Thread: 3 Women attacked by dogs saved by 2 neighbors with guns

3 Women attacked by dogs saved by 2 neighbors with guns

http://washoecountygunrights.blogspot.com/

*** I am NOT a Lawyer, and I DO NOT have any LEGAL EXPERIENCE OR QUALIFICATIONS ***

MOLON LABE

His gun jammed ? Wow that could not have been a good feeling. Thank god for the other neighbor.

Good work to both of them, quick thinking most likely saved their lives.
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

Thank God for the gun owners and their quick thinking.

All three women should sue the sh!t out of the dogs' owners. Surely the owners were aware of their dogs' dispositions. The dog owners will likely end up losing eveything, including their homes, in the civil suits and they are most likely facing criminal charges. All over a dog. How stupid and insane to even own a vicious dog. I feel so sorry for all of the women, especially the one who was seriously injured and may never work again. Another good reason to carry a gun; sometimes the BG has four legs instead of two.
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

I'm sure some people in my neighborhood wonder why when I walk with my daughters I have a gun on my hip. There's a few questionable dogs in the area.

Campaign Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby View Post
    Thank God for the gun owners and their quick thinking.

All three women should sue the sh!t out of the dogs' owners. Surely the owners were aware of their dogs' dispositions. The dog owners will likely end up losing eveything, including their homes, in the civil suits and they are most likely facing criminal charges. All over a dog. How stupid and insane to even own a vicious dog. I feel so sorry for all of the women, especially the one who was seriously injured and may never work again. Another good reason to carry a gun; sometimes the BG has four legs instead of two.
    I'd venture that you could hear the exact opposite statement from an anti who desires to own animals for their protective needs. Just substitute "DOG" for "GUN" and they'd make the exact opposite argument. The stupidity/insanity is not in owning something, but in how one is responsible with the things they own. "With great freedom comes great responsibility"

Just my $.02
    Last edited by bullseye; 09-12-2010 at 01:23 PM. Reason: fingers are too fat

TAP, RACK, BANG!

Thank the Lord that (two) someone had the presence of mind to go outside armed!
    cheers - okboomer
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Lead, follow, or get out of the way

Exercising my 2A Rights does NOT make me a CRIMINAL! Infringing on the exercise of those rights makes YOU one!

Thumbs up

All I can say is thank the lord that the woman are OK
    Last edited by RogueAussie; 09-12-2010 at 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling
    A gun Owner Is A Citizen
    Anyone Else is a Subject

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    I'd venture that you could hear the exact opposite statement from an anti who desires to own animals for their protective needs. Just substitute "DOG" for "GUN" and they'd make the exact opposite argument. The stupidity/insanity is not in owning something, but in how one is responsible with the things they own. "With great freedom comes great responsibility"

Just my $.02
    Agreed i own a pit bull and she has been the best dog i have ever owned. I am extremely responsible with her because she is a very strong breed. The owners of these three dogs need to see jail time. Any animal you own you NEED to be held accountable for everything they do. Good and bad, make the punishment for bad owners of all breeds strict and put these idiot owners away for a few years.
    Last edited by zack991; 09-13-2010 at 12:47 PM.

My wife used to give me hell about carrying my pistol when we walk. One night we had a pitbull come straight at us out of the tall grass lining the road and the first thing she did was jump behind me. Then she decided to walk alone one night and was bit by a dog that had dug out of his yard. Now she doesn't have a problem with me carrying but still doesn't like me to OC.

we used to push our girls in a stroller through our old neighborhood, well gang banger j and his brother t couldn't keep their pitbulls under control, so I carried a 2x4, a 5/8" x 30" piece of chain, a .38 revolver and a glock, usually all together... i only had to threaten the dog with the chain, and J with the revolver once, for them to buy leashes

Just my $.02
    +1

Something was very wrong in the situation before the woman was attacked. For a bull mastiff to lead an attack like that is almost unheard of.

A bull mastiff is one of the most gentle breeds available. Usually the only exception to that is when they are protecting their family. Then they can do a lot of damage.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

High Point, North Carolina, United States
    If he had an XDM it would have never jammed =D

Quote Originally Posted by OldCurlyWolf View Post
    Something was very wrong in the situation before the woman was attacked. For a bull mastiff to lead an attack like that is almost unheard of.

A bull mastiff is one of the most gentle breeds available. Usually the only exception to that is when they are protecting their family. Then they can do a lot of damage.
    Unfortunately, it's hard to generalize all breeds.. I use to have a Newfoundland - known for being a gentle giant. He was very aggressive and very mean. I got him when he was 8 months old, and by that time, he was already over 110 lbs. Too powerful of a dog, and sure as hell not an easy task to conquer. I had to move him along to someone who had the proper time for his training. If I kept him, someone would have been hurt. No kidding at all.

PPK is known to jam on JHP rounds if the hollow is at a sharp angle.

Good reason to wring out your sidearm/long gun with whatever you wish to use to make sure it digests it well. That old saw abiut running 200 rounds through before declaring the gun/ammo combination good-to-go is repeated for a reason.

As for shooting dogs - that's hard enough at any distance. They are small, they move around a lot, and their bite is dangerous. Getting close enough to get an effective first shot takes courage.

stay safe.

XxCaMeLxxToSiSxX

Just my $.02
    I agree comletely, having owned large breed dogs, it's the owners reponsiblity.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1124 View Post
    Unfortunately, it's hard to generalize all breeds.. I use to have a Newfoundland - known for being a gentle giant. He was very aggressive and very mean. I got him when he was 8 months old, and by that time, he was already over 110 lbs. Too powerful of a dog, and sure as hell not an easy task to conquer. I had to move him along to someone who had the proper time for his training. If I kept him, someone would have been hurt. No kidding at all.
    I have dealt with two aggressive Newfoundlands before. They were just being territorial. After their owner arrived, no problem.

I had a shepard who was whelped from a pair in which the male had to be kept caged. He was named Wolf. Ours was very territorial, but we raised him gentle and I was the big bad alpha male of the pack. When I had to give to the wife's uncle because we moved, he was about 10 months and weighed about 100 lbs.

The uncle claimed that he topped out at about 175 and was not fat.

He also claimed that he brought a state trooper to a complete halt.
    Last edited by OldCurlyWolf; 09-29-2010 at 01:02 AM.
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Question

People are allowed to shoot firearms while in the PRC (People's Republic of California)
    Call for a cop, call for an ambulance, and call for a pizza. See who shows up first.

I am not a lawyer (merely an omnipotent member of a continuum). The contents of this post are not a substitute for sound legal advice from a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction.

Comments and views stated in my post are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of Michigan Open Carry, Inc. unless stated otherwise in the post.

Even the gentlest of dogs can become aggressive and violent if abused from an early age. I've known pits that were extremely loving, and I've seen a golden retriever attack. So i believe it's all in the raising

Banned
    Accidents happen with .22s and with 50 cals. They are also misused. Both can kill. Both can do minor damage.

Expect more and problems when a 50 cal goes off in the direction of a human being.

Pits are the 50 cals of the kennel set.

Regular Member frommycolddeadhands's Avatar
    Glad the woman came out alright. Happy to hear a couple of armed, law abiding citizens were able to come to her aid.

I hate to hear about PPK's jamming up. I sometimes carry one as my primary when I don't feel like lugging my .38 spl around.
    God is the one driving this stagecoach, I'm just riding shotgun.

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
    Thank heavens for armed neighbors who weren't afraid to use their weapons to aid these poor women.

I agree that the owner of these dogs does need to be held responsible. I used to own 2 wolf hybrids that were gentle as can be and I was anal about making sure they never had a chance to do anything to anyone else just because of what they could be capable of.

I currently own 2 shepherds and am over vigilant with them even though neither one has done anything. Just knowing the what the breeds are capable of means I need to be a responsible owner. Best darn family dogs, but don't try coming into my house without being invited or they might show their true nature.

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Accidents happen with .22s and with 50 cals. They are also misused. Both can kill. Both can do minor damage.

Expect more and problems when a 50 cal goes off in the direction of a human being.

Pits are the 50 cals of the kennel set.
    While I agree they may have more of a tendency to go "off" on a human, I'd rather be attacked by a Pitbull than a Tosa, Fila Brasileiro or a Caucasian Ovtcharka any day of the week.