• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 Women attacked by dogs saved by 2 neighbors with guns

frommycolddeadhands

Glad the woman came out alright. Happy to hear a couple of armed, law abiding citizens were able to come to her aid.

I hate to hear about PPK's jamming up. I sometimes carry one as my primary when I don't feel like lugging my .38 spl around.

Hunting Mama

Not deep enough in the Woods, Wisconsin, USA
Thank heavens for armed neighbors who weren't afraid to use their weapons to aid these poor women.

I agree that the owner of these dogs does need to be held responsible. I used to own 2 wolf hybrids that were gentle as can be and I was anal about making sure they never had a chance to do anything to anyone else just because of what they could be capable of.

I currently own 2 shepherds and am over vigilant with them even though neither one has done anything. Just knowing the what the breeds are capable of means I need to be a responsible owner. Best darn family dogs, but don't try coming into my house without being invited or they might show their true nature.

Aaron1124

Accidents happen with .22s and with 50 cals. They are also misused. Both can kill. Both can do minor damage.

Expect more and problems when a 50 cal goes off in the direction of a human being.

Pits are the 50 cals of the kennel set.

While I agree they may have more of a tendency to go "off" on a human, I'd rather be attacked by a Pitbull than a Tosa, Fila Brasileiro or a Caucasian Ovtcharka any day of the week.