• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry pictures?

estcrh

Recently on Wikipedia "Open carry in the United States"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_carry_in_the_United_States there was a picture posted representing an average open carry advocate, some members of this forum were upset by the picture and wanted another one posted. Here is a discussion on the subject from the wiki discussion page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Open_carry_in_the_United_States
Edit war from unregistered users over photo is coming from folks on OpenCarry.org trying to push their organization, their discussion of it is here:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?74102-Just-edited-Wikipedia-page-on-Open-Carry They want to use a photo of a sexy woman, or a non-white minority, or a thin person, to push a "sexy" agenda of open carry and/or use a photo from their organization, when the photo used is fine, illustrates the concept as needed, and follows all Wikipedia requirements, including rights.
I suggested another picture that could be used instead
Why not just post another picture then and keep a "war" from happening? Here is another photo from the same person on commons with the same rights etc...in fact I believe its the same person in the picture just with no cap
The picture did get changed, here are the 2 pictures..in case anyone does not know it by now...there are people who watch this forum and some of them are not friends of open carry or gun rights in general. Original picture
450px-Open_Carry_Casper_Wyoming.jpg

New picture
220px-RightArmOfWyomingMichaelWDean-promo1-web.jpg

Here is my contribution...Open carry in the French Quarter 9-11-2010. Anyone else have an open carry picture to post?

opencarry.jpg

estcrh

whoopingllama

This was my Sunday attire for a bit. And yes that means this is how i went to church. :D

Attachments

• open carry.jpg
    open carry.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 318

estcrh

This was my Sunday attire for a bit. And yes that means this is how i went to church. :D

Church?? Must not be in La. or is it? Great picture, there must me some other people who actually open carry and have a picture of themselves doing it. Or do I have to break out a picture of a young lady open carrying and shame you all!

sraacke

Open Carry has always been allowed in La churches. Only CC has been prohibited until the recent amendment to the CHP rules which creates a type of private security officer who works for free for the church.

estcrh

Open Carry has always been allowed in La churches. Only CC has been prohibited until the recent amendment to the CHP rules which creates a type of private security officer who works for free for the church.

I just thought churches would prohibit it.

whoopingllama

Well, I did say it was a church I used to go to. I had carried for a good while there. But then there were disagreements over that and a couple other things which is why I no longer go there. But really for the most part, there were no problems.

estcrh

Well, I did say it was a church I used to go to. I had carried for a good while there. But then there were disagreements over that and a couple other things which is why I no longer go there. But really for the most part, there were no problems.

That figures, I feel safer when I can see who is armed....and at least you know that if some idiot were to start something you would not be a helpless target.

sraacke

What confuses me about the new chp law and requirements to carry in churches is that you have to get special permission from the church board and the extra security guard training, which just creates a new class of armed but unlicensed security officer which is not regulated by the Private Security Officers Examiner Board, and then the pastor is going to announce to the entire congrigation who is carrying and is part fo this new super ninja security force. So if everyone knows that some of the flock is going to be packing and responsible for shooting it out with invaders, why even bother with conceal carrying? Why not just say, "Open Carry is already legal in churches and obviously we want armed members of the congregation in the pews so strap up and come to church this sunday"??? This does away with having to have a permit, jump through the super secret ninja training requirement and gets your armed people in the seats right away. I mean, heck, why bother concealing if everyone knows you are the gun guy in the church? It doesn't make any sense to me.

Daylen

Why? well so you can be a super secret uberninja! I bet they even give out secret decoder rings!