Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Open carry pictures?

  1. #1
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365

    Open carry pictures?

    Recently on Wikipedia "Open carry in the United States"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_ca..._United_States there was a picture posted representing an average open carry advocate, some members of this forum were upset by the picture and wanted another one posted. Here is a discussion on the subject from the wiki discussion page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Op..._United_States
    Edit war from unregistered users over photo is coming from folks on OpenCarry.org trying to push their organization, their discussion of it is here:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...-on-Open-Carry They want to use a photo of a sexy woman, or a non-white minority, or a thin person, to push a "sexy" agenda of open carry and/or use a photo from their organization, when the photo used is fine, illustrates the concept as needed, and follows all Wikipedia requirements, including rights.
    I suggested another picture that could be used instead
    Why not just post another picture then and keep a "war" from happening? Here is another photo from the same person on commons with the same rights etc...in fact I believe its the same person in the picture just with no cap
    The picture did get changed, here are the 2 pictures..in case anyone does not know it by now...there are people who watch this forum and some of them are not friends of open carry or gun rights in general. Original picture


    New picture


    Here is my contribution...Open carry in the French Quarter 9-11-2010. Anyone else have an open carry picture to post?


  2. #2
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    The LOCAL Facebook page has photos of several of our more active members OCing. Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Louisi...7535026?v=wall and look in the photos section under Open Carry Meetups.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  3. #3
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    The LOCAL Facebook page has photos of several of our more active members OCing. Go to http://www.facebook.com/pages/Louisi...7535026?v=wall and look in the photos section under Open Carry Meetups.
    Those pictures all seem to be from a meeting, I was talking about pictures of people open carrying in real life, were they live or go, at Wal Mart, in their neighborhood, etc.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    126
    This was my Sunday attire for a bit. And yes that means this is how i went to church.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	open carry.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	3918  

  5. #5
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopingllama View Post
    This was my Sunday attire for a bit. And yes that means this is how i went to church.
    Church?? Must not be in La. or is it? Great picture, there must me some other people who actually open carry and have a picture of themselves doing it. Or do I have to break out a picture of a young lady open carrying and shame you all!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    126
    It is most definitely in LA. Around the Denham Springs area in fact.

  7. #7
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Open Carry has always been allowed in La churches. Only CC has been prohibited until the recent amendment to the CHP rules which creates a type of private security officer who works for free for the church.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  8. #8
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    Open Carry has always been allowed in La churches. Only CC has been prohibited until the recent amendment to the CHP rules which creates a type of private security officer who works for free for the church.
    I just thought churches would prohibit it.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    126
    Well, I did say it was a church I used to go to. I had carried for a good while there. But then there were disagreements over that and a couple other things which is why I no longer go there. But really for the most part, there were no problems.

  10. #10
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by whoopingllama View Post
    Well, I did say it was a church I used to go to. I had carried for a good while there. But then there were disagreements over that and a couple other things which is why I no longer go there. But really for the most part, there were no problems.
    That figures, I feel safer when I can see who is armed....and at least you know that if some idiot were to start something you would not be a helpless target.

  11. #11
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    What confuses me about the new chp law and requirements to carry in churches is that you have to get special permission from the church board and the extra security guard training, which just creates a new class of armed but unlicensed security officer which is not regulated by the Private Security Officers Examiner Board, and then the pastor is going to announce to the entire congrigation who is carrying and is part fo this new super ninja security force. So if everyone knows that some of the flock is going to be packing and responsible for shooting it out with invaders, why even bother with conceal carrying? Why not just say, "Open Carry is already legal in churches and obviously we want armed members of the congregation in the pews so strap up and come to church this sunday"??? This does away with having to have a permit, jump through the super secret ninja training requirement and gets your armed people in the seats right away. I mean, heck, why bother concealing if everyone knows you are the gun guy in the church? It doesn't make any sense to me.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Why? well so you can be a super secret uberninja! I bet they even give out secret decoder rings!

  13. #13
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by Daylen View Post
    Why? well so you can be a super secret uberninja! I bet they even give out secret decoder rings!
    I didnt know that children were allowed to post in this forum.

  14. #14
    Regular Member turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Independence, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by estcrh View Post
    Those pictures all seem to be from a meeting, I was talking about pictures of people open carrying in real life, were they live or go, at Wal Mart, in their neighborhood, etc.
    I can see your point, but....generally I'm not out with someone with a camera while doing errands. LOL

  15. #15
    Regular Member estcrh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    365
    Quote Originally Posted by turbodog View Post
    I can see your point, but....generally I'm not out with someone with a camera while doing errands. LOL
    I do not usually have a camera on me either, just a friend with a cell phone in this case.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •