• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Last minute - Spokane-area gunshops open on a Sunday?

Metalhead47

Long story short, my wife wasn't able to head up to Oak Harbor today to pick up the Bersa she's been after. We're heading out on a little road trip today towards Spokane & Post Falls. Anyone know any gun shops in the area that might be open on a Sunday afternoon (yeah, fat chance, I know. What is it with gun shops & Sundays anyway??)? The only place I come up with on a search is that Sharp Shooters place, but IIRC they're vehemently anti-OC, so they won't be getting any money from us, especially not $500.

bennie1986

Long story short, my wife wasn't able to head up to Oak Harbor today to pick up the Bersa she's been after. We're heading out on a little road trip today towards Spokane & Post Falls. Anyone know any gun shops in the area that might be open on a Sunday afternoon (yeah, fat chance, I know. What is it with gun shops & Sundays anyway??)? The only place I come up with on a search is that Sharp Shooters place, but IIRC they're vehemently anti-OC, so they won't be getting any money from us, especially not $500.

Wholesale sports by the valley mall is open 7 days a week. No sure if the will have what you are looking for but there handgun selection isnt bad. I am almost certain that double eagle pawn is open as well. They also have a good selection.

Metalhead47

Hey thanks for the heads up guys. Cle Elum was a bit of a disappointment, how's the reloading supplies at that Wholesale Sports? Need 32-20 brass.

About 10 miles from the Gorge @ George right now. Got some perfect road trip tunes on the stereo, a gun on m' hip, ceegar in my mouth, good woman by my side (who's singing "there's a bathroom on the right" to CCR :rolleyes:) ... ah, life is good. :cool:

Last edited:

joejoejoe

Weird. It says your post was today at 2:47, but it is 2:16... anywho, wholesale is OC friendly, just unload the firearm and check in up front. Their rules are posted on the front of the door. I OC there all the time, I just check in first. Also, they are usually full on ammo, but when they don't have the ammo you need, it could take awhile to see it back in stock. They are GREAT for customer service, so have fun :)

Joe~

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Really?

Weird. It says your post was today at 2:47, but it is 2:16... anywho, wholesale is OC friendly, just unload the firearm and check in up front. Their rules are posted on the front of the door. I OC there all the time, I just check in first. Also, they are usually full on ammo, but when they don't have the ammo you need, it could take awhile to see it back in stock. They are GREAT for customer service, so have fun :)

Joe~

Really?
Yesterday and many many times I have been in Wholesale Sports and never have I checked my firearm. Never has a word been said other than "what caliber?" Re-read the sign. It only asks that you check a firearm that is going to be removed from its holster (to try out accessories) or a long arm.

The only place I check a firearm is where the RCW requires me to do so (i.e. courthouse) or when I am flying.

Metalhead47

Really?
Yesterday and many many times I have been in Wholesale Sports and never have I checked my firearm. Never has a word been said other than "what caliber?" Re-read the sign. It only asks that you check a firearm that is going to be removed from its holster (to try out accessories) or a long arm.

The only place I check a firearm is where the RCW requires me to do so (i.e. courthouse) or when I am flying.

Hm, yeah I'm in the Burlington Wholesale Sports all the time, never so much as a word about my sidearm. Joe, have you actually been asked/told that you need to check your gun there? Wait, ain't you in Vancouver?

PS: For anyone who hasn't been, Dry Falls near Coulee City is worth the trip. Grand Canyon ain't got nothing on that.:eek:

joejoejoe

The sign says "unload all firearms" I just go up front to show them it's unloaded. The lady up front hands me a slip that shows I have "checked in." This is the one on Fourth Plain and SR-500

Joe~

bennie1986

The sign says "unload all firearms" I just go up front to show them it's unloaded. The lady up front hands me a slip that shows I have "checked in." This is the one on Fourth Plain and SR-500

Joe~

I have never been asked to unload at the Spokane location. A customer asked the guy at the gun counter about me ocing and he said yep thats legal. Cabelas in Postfalls asks if you are planing on removing the firearm for any reason but thats all. I always say not unless something goes really wrong! They always laugh!