Thread: Universal Holsters - Anyone use them?

Universal Holsters - Anyone use them?

I tried one of these at a gun show recently. The company is called "Universal Holster" and they make a leather DEEP COVER holster that rides inside your pants along the front of your leg. It attatches to a cell phone or pager case that hangs off your belt. You draw by lifting up the belt case and grasping the grip crossdraw style as it clears your beltline. The sales guy was very impressive and i was surprised by how comfortable it was even sitting down. With the right pants you cannnot tell the wearer is armed. The only drawback i see is possibly moisture (sweat) exposure over time. Does anyone use one of these and how do you like it? I'm considering one but wanted to get some real world feedback before buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Average Dad View Post
    I tried one of these at a gun show recently. The company is called "Universal Holster" and they make a leather DEEP COVER holster that rides inside your pants along the front of your leg. It attatches to a cell phone or pager case that hangs off your belt. You draw by lifting up the belt case and grasping the grip crossdraw style as it clears your beltline. The sales guy was very impressive and i was surprised by how comfortable it was even sitting down. With the right pants you cannnot tell the wearer is armed. The only drawback i see is possibly moisture (sweat) exposure over time. Does anyone use one of these and how do you like it? I'm considering one but wanted to get some real world feedback before buying.
    I don't like the idea of a gun bouncing around next to my [insert bad pun]. I would be concerned about being able to get clearance between my body and the belt for the gun to be removed, as well, because when you carry IWB the gun is generally already taking up all of the extra space necessary, but if you carry the way you describe then you are going to have a loose belt/pants with a gun hanging from it flopping around next to your junk. Sounds like a bad idea, but that's just my opinion.