• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I dropped into an enemy camp

Daylen

This is why democracies are evil forms of government and why our Founders detested them... and why we don't have a democracy.

yep its a republican Federation. not a democratic Nation. hmm... now that I've typed it I think I see why democrats have become such a problem.

Last edited:

OldCurlyWolf

It was interesting to say the least. I never realized that so many foreigners were jealous of our Constitution and would like to see it dismantled. Some tried to tell us it was a living document to be changed depending on what was wanted at the moment. They felt congress should be able to change it on it's own.

Until they come over here and live under our constitution. Then they are the most ardent constitutionalists and some of the best citizens you can find in this country. I have met several over the years from many different countries and the ones that do the work to become citizens are some of our most ardent supporters.

The Naysayers are the ones who stayed where they were born and have never spent enough time, if any, in the US to actually start to understand the country.

:lol:

OldCurlyWolf

Congress can change it on its own and it can be changed to what is wanted at the moment... IF enough people agree. If a bare majority or even a mere super majority want to change it then they are going to be disappointed. It protects against tyranny of the majority. That is something most countries lack.

Not quite correct. It also requires it to be ratified by 3/4 of the state legislatures (both houses) and some states require at least a 2/3 majority of the voting citizens before the legislature will vote for it.

There is at least 5 steps to change any part of the constitution and congress only gets 2.

KansasMustang

Owwwwwwww my head hurts! I went to that link and read maybe 5 posts. One idiot said that it is not a right to open carry Owwwwwwww again. geez, there really are idiots in this country that do not understand, The right to keep and BEAR arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!! Gad,,now I have to go out and shoot at least 50 rounds just to get over this.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
What a waste of time that link was - ignorance and attitude are ramped.

While I firmly believe in educating people and normalizing OC, the original poster on that linked thread is a total disaster, troll and is FUBAR to the Nth degree. Just not worth it.

jhco50

Congress can change it on its own and it can be changed to what is wanted at the moment... IF enough people agree. If a bare majority or even a mere super majority want to change it then they are going to be disappointed. It protects against tyranny of the majority. That is something most countries lack.

Congress cannot change it on their own. Any changes proposed by the congress must be voted on by the various states. It takes 2/3 of the states to agree before it can be amended.

Edit: Sorry, that Old Curly Wolf beat me to this reply. :eek:

Last edited:

jhco50

Owwwwwwww my head hurts! I went to that link and read maybe 5 posts. One idiot said that it is not a right to open carry Owwwwwwww again. geez, there really are idiots in this country that do not understand, The right to keep and BEAR arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!! Gad,,now I have to go out and shoot at least 50 rounds just to get over this.

:lol: Yeah, it was a mess. I did get some help though.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Most of these web pages are for "Birds of a Feather" and debates usually do not affect the viewpoints of the other members. Go to any "Readers Comments" section on any article on Townhall.com. There are lefties who have nothing better to do than to spout virulant rhetoric just to goad on conservatives. Their screenname appears on EVERY thread. They must not be gainfully employed and/or are misusing their employers computer.

I have better things to do than to debate a liberal on a web page. Go ahead if you want; framing your arguments will give you good practice in writing essays.

Arguing with a liberal is like wrestling with a pig. You both get dirty, but the pig likes it.

Ok, so given the post to which you're responding, you're hammering your own kind.

Nice...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Open carrying a gun is not covered by the right to bear arms; as depicted in the link below.

I'm not sure as to your intentions, here, Daylen. My only intentions involve the Constitution of the United States of America. I swore an oath to uphold an defend it, against all enemies foreign and domestic. I served in our military more than 20 years.

Open Carry is supported by both State AND federal rulings.

If you can't provide source documents to your claim, Dayleh, you'll be shoved into the same anti-gunner neverland all the rest of you and your compatriots' arguements find yourselves.

Tell you what, Daylen, here's a challenge you will very , very rarly find from any other source. Search me, ask me questions, divine why it is I decide to decide that which I decide to do.

Let's go further. Much further. Let's schedule meetings with respect to who and what I think about with respect to our Congressmen.

The_Game

Open carrying a gun is not covered by the right to bear arms; as depicted in the link below.

I'm not sure as to your intentions, here, Daylen. My only intentions involve the Constitution of the United States of America. I swore an oath to uphold an defend it, against all enemies foreign and domestic. I served in our military more than 20 years.

Open Carry is supported by both State AND federal rulings.

If you can't provide source documents to your claim, Dayleh, you'll be shoved into the same anti-gunner neverland all the rest of you and your compatriots' arguements find yourselves.

Tell you what, Daylen, here's a challenge you will very , very rarly find from any other source. Search me, ask me questions, divine why it is I decide to decide that which I decide to do.

Let's go further. Much further. Let's schedule meetings with respect to who and what I think about with respect to our Congressmen.

You didn't click the link, did you?

eye95

When posts don't quote properly, it is hard to figure out who said what. You can edit your posts to fix faulty quote tags after you have posted.

The problem is usually as simple as a single missing bracket.