• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local 'Political' Issue Causes a Stir...

40s-and-wfan

Everyone knows the significance of yesterday and the importance Patriot's Day has in American history. Everyone knows that thousands of people died needlessly in an attack on our shores that was the worst thing to happen on US soil. After the attack happened our president designated every September 11th to be Patriot's Day and one of a few days each and every year for our National Flag to be flown at half-mast.
If this is the case and is such common knowledge why then did one of our local businesses decide they were above doing so? When a race fan asked Raceway Park north of Kalispell, Montana why they weren't flying their flag at half-mast their reply was: "It happened 9-years ago, get over it!"
Tell that to the families of thousands who either died or were effected by the attack on our country. Tell those in New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania to get over something that has permanently and so negatively marred not only their landscape but their lives as well.
I personally refuse to get over something that has thrust us into such a heightened sense of fear and awareness that we can't recover from. I am appalled that someone would say something like that: "...get over it!" That's as bad as telling a WWII veteran or Viet Nam veteran that their continued pain and conflict is nothing and they need to get over that. Tell those that stumbled across a Concentration Camp full of Jewish detainees deep in Europe that it's nothing and they should forget about it.
Bite your tongue!! None of these events are anything we'll get over soon. We remember them, not because we lost a multi-million dollar set of buildings, but because we lost lives that are priceless!!

We will never forget!!

Fisherman

Get over it?!? I will never get over it until this Islamic pestilence is purged from our country. What happened to Lebanon is happening to the USA and we're just happily welcoming them to take over. Lebanon was a Christian country. Yeah, Lebanon! I didn't know that. Now it's a terrorist state where they kill anyone that disagrees with them or their false prophet Mo.

This raceway manager needs a refresher. He can do what he likes, it's a free country (for now), but we need to get together on this thing because you can bet the enemy is together on it and has their ducks in a row. They actually have a plan and have had one for a long long time and they're working their plan. What are we doing? Same thing we've always done. Saying, "It could never happen here." Well, it's happened and now we're supposed to be tolerant and "get over it"? Well, not me Buster Brown!

Just one more thing. Where is the evidence that there is such a thing as a moderate muslim? Where is the outcry from the so-called moderate muslims about what their own are doing in the name of their false moon god. Backwards 7th Century savages!

I'm with you. Lock and load.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I missed the part of the Constutition that gives the federal president authority to declare any public holiday, or tell people what to do with their privately owned flags.

MT GUNNY

Its about Respect! Not Rights! Its about Patriotism and Honor! Same thing with the Mosque we know they have the right but they should show some God dam Respect, and Tolerance like the Left so likes to Preach.

Last edited:

Jack House

Its about Respect! Not Rights! Its about Patriotism and Honor! Same thing with the Mosque we know they have the right but they should show some God dam Respect, and Tolerance like the Left so likes to Preach.
I know you have the right to carry your gun on your hip in plain sight, but have some ******* respect and tolerance for those that are afraid of guns!

It happened nine years ago, and unless you were actually there, then get over it. Stop being terrified of a threat that does not exist.

since9

Campaign Veteran

Agreed. I'm all behind the rights of those who dissent, but if you're not backing our country and what has happened to it and to those who lost their lives in defense of what we stand for, whether it's for those who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, or those who surged forward by saying "let's roll" and prevented a fourth catastrophe, then you've simply lost my respect as American citizens.

This raceway manager needs a refresher.

Ok, it's clear he flunked both world and US history 101.

He can do what he likes, it's a free country...

Yes, but he lost my respect, too by not honoring the losses of that day. I don't care if it was nine years ago or 900 years ago. Flag ettiquitte isn't one of those things you do because you believe in the war, but because you're honoring those who've fallen. Whether republican, democrat, pro-war, anti-war - it doesn't matter. It's not about one's political or religious stance. It's about recognizing and honoring those who've given the ultimate sacrifice - their lives - as well as their families, who've lost their loved ones.

When honoring those who've given their all to help maintain what the rest of us enjoy, half mast is simply the order of the day. Nothing more, nothing less.

Dreamer

If people REALLY want to commemorate what happened on 09.11.01 they should fly their flags at full-staff, union down. That is a more accurate expression of the effect that event REALLY had for the American populace...

The Flag Code states, "The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property."

Last edited:

MatieA

If people REALLY want to commemorate what happened on 09.11.01 they should fly their flags at full-staff, union down. That is a more accurate expression of the effect that event REALLY had for the American populace...

That is when the emergency is RIGHT NOW. Not something that has happened in the past. If the flag is upside down, it is a sign that someone needs IMMEDIATE assistance.