• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossing into Canada with valid CWP

sudden valley gunner

I hope you have already reported this border "guard" for unwarranted use of profanity and attacking your human rights to be treated fairly and nicely - I'm serious - if the guard really used the F word and addressed you, and adult, as a "kid" when you are an adult american citizen - bet you can get her fired if you work it :)

I've tried this....largely ineffective. They could care less what a Yank thinks or feels.

heresyourdipstickjimmy

Just so you folks that might be wondering don't fall prey to what some of our service members did. You can get your firearm out of the country without the Fed's paperwork, not a good idea to not have the paperwork, but if you try to bring it back without the paperwork you'd be considered to be smuggling a firearm. (you'd be smuggling both ways technically) Some service members ran into this problem when they were allowed to take personal firearms overseas to combat.

If I can find the form number and the US Code on the subject then I'll gladly post it. The laptop that had all that info from my last deployment crashed the hard drive. It also had the info on the 2 methods of bringing back a firearm from a combat deployment, neither of which is easy.

Last edited: