• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Ratings for WI Primary

apierce918

I havent posted much lately because of some of the politics on the board, but i will mention something here. I am in the 56th district for state assembly, and it has michelle litjens as an AQ, meaning A based solely on the questionnaire. Well, on her website, she likes to point out that she is the only candidate to recieve an A from the "national riffle associtation" (thats not my typo, that is how it is on her page) and she supports concealed concealed carry permits.... so i am a little worried who is writing up her web page. But the NRA backing her at least gives voters something to hold her to.

I spoke with Jay schroeder (who received a C-) on the phone and specifically asked if he would push forward getting concealed carry passed, ideally by just appealing the ban... and he just reverted to my email with the subject of 2nd amendment views and said he supports the 2nd amendment as it is written, that concealed carry would depend on how its written, and he thinks there is nothing wrong with the GFSZ, i gave him my opinions (same as we usually see here) and he just said, well thats a good point. Then he tried to recruit me to help him out and go door to door for him because he needs help in grand chute.

I have not spoken directly with michelle litjens or jim pluess.

Do you know what questions the survey the NRA sent out included?

paul@paul-fisher.com

I havent posted much lately because of some of the politics on the board, but i will mention something here. I am in the 56th district for state assembly, and it has michelle litjens as an AQ, meaning A based solely on the questionnaire. Well, on her website, she likes to point out that she is the only candidate to recieve an A from the "national riffle associtation" (thats not my typo, that is how it is on her page) and she supports concealed concealed carry permits.... so i am a little worried who is writing up her web page. But the NRA backing her at least gives voters something to hold her to.

NRA usually accepts permits and training for cc and doesn't usually care for/about oc so I wouldn't read a lot into it.

I do not have it. If anyone else can find it, post it here.

Sgt_Habz

I spoke with Jay schroeder (who received a C-) on the phone and specifically asked if he would push forward getting concealed carry passed, ideally by just appealing the ban... and he just reverted to my email with the subject of 2nd amendment views and said he supports the 2nd amendment as it is written, that concealed carry would depend on how its written, and he thinks there is nothing wrong with the GFSZ, i gave him my opinions (same as we usually see here) and he just said, well thats a good point. Then he tried to recruit me to help him out and go door to door for him because he needs help in grand chute.

I have not spoken directly with michelle litjens or jim pluess.

Apierce, I've talked to both of them, and I have emails from Litjens where she first says she wants a permit system, then later says she doesn't think permits should be required. And Jay Shroeder did the EXACT SAME thing with me as well, asking if I'd go door to door around Winneconne. Sounds like we're screwed no matter who we vote for :/