• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

October Pro OC Picnic!

ecocks

Time October 24 · 2:00pm - 6:00pm

Sponsored By Idaho Citizens Defense League

More Info Bring your own grilling meat, chairs and a side dish. An OC march downtown will follow. Entertainment for kids including a pinata donated by Dave Diaz!

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
Hello all, I really wish I can be there with you guys and girls. I miss Idaho and the folks I met and became friendly with while living up there. Hope all are well, please say hello to those I know and those I don't at the picnic for me.

Glad to see that folks are still getting together up there, I really hope that Idaho Citizens Defense League can really take off. It will take everyone pulling together regardless of differences and agreeing on multiple goals of the organization to make it a success. I am one of the 5 founders, we really worked hard and came up with a focus not to shut out other gun owners who wish to CC, or just those who hunt, we wanted to educate folks on their 2A rights to carry, encourage education and safety of handling firearms and to encourage folks to be trained and not just go about and carry never having any type of training. If you havn't seen the banner that was made, please ask Ed to bring it to the next meeting(thanks Ed). I am willing to bet most will agree with the above statement, if not some of it, if so then you belong in the organization. Everyone can bring something, a personal knowledge to the table and create something really big here. I think we lost a few folks in the past, they know who they are because of some differences. I only hope they read this and reconsider, give it another shot. Realisticlly, not everyone will agree on everything, put that is part of the process and it won't be easy, never said it will be. Do you think everyone in the VCDL agrees on everything, certainly not.

I had recommended some time ago the use of SKYPE or simmilar format to connect other groups of folks with the same passion for 2A rights and OCing among other things during the monthly meeitngs. I have been to the meetings in the begining and a few folks have came to meetnings with laptops/internet connections and it would be a great and free way to communicate with others in the state. I think that will help pull others in and create a larger and stronger organization. A web site is really needed, I for one am not handy in that area but you never know who in Twin Falls or anywhere else is once they get connected via SKYPE. I met some great folks up there, I know if they were still around that great things can be done.

I'm currently in Louisville KY doing some OCing while here, feels good since I can't in TX. I will be in South Carolina next week where we can't OC, but the following week I will be in Arizona and once again will be able to OC, strange how that all works. Bang head on wall !!!!

Hope the pinic has a great turn out, have fun and be safe. Please take into consideration what I have said, I would love to see the progress I know this organization is capable of.

Thanks for reading what I had to say, may not be the right thread but I know that OC Picnics usually get alot of reads and i initally wanted to just say hello to my friends and got carried away.

John D

ecocks

Thanks JD!

We miss ya!

Working on getting other cities and towns on board with the IDCDL and keeping up momentum with the Boise group.

cdub

yea SKYPE is defiantly a good option we could hold a meeting up NORTH wile yours is going on and bingo we have one meeting 2places, I would be willing to set up the north end if i could get someone on the south end.

caleb_danner is my skype name feel free to add me

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
Thanks Ed. Linking up with a OCer in Louisville tomorrow for coffee. Nice to be able to OC again, miss it. I don't see it happing in TX based on talk around town any time soon. Will see.

Looks like Cdub is up for the internet link, I think it might be really helpfull. I can only recommend that all there needs to be an agenda followed and all those at each meeting place have it ahead of time so they know the subject being talked, just a little coordination needed there, to easy. Also need some sort of SKYPE rules, I mean not everyone can be talking at once, otherwise it gets messy, you know what I mean.

Good luck guys, talk again soon.

JD