• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home invasion 2 blocks away

mparramore

Along with car thefts and car break ins this happens...

ARLINGTON — A 25-year-old Stanwood man was arrested for his involvement in what authorities are calling a home invasion robbery in Arlington.

Arlington police arrested the man on Thursday, Sept. 2 for his alleged role in the robbery, which took place at approximately 11:30 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 30 in the 400 block of East Gilman Avenue.

City of Arlington spokeswoman Kristin Banfield said that the victims reported two adult men forced their way into the residence and held them at gun point.

The suspects demanded valuables and cash while they threatened to kill the victims, Banfield said. Four individuals were in the home at the time of the home invasion, including a young child.

The suspects then fled the home on foot carrying stolen items from within the home, she said.

Arlington Police were not able to locate the suspects, but several of the victims were able to identify one of the suspects.

That suspect was booked into Snohomish County Jail for investigation of first degree burglary and first degree robbery.

The Stanwood resident has past arrests for assault, burglary, reckless driving and eluding.

Authorities are still searching for the second suspect in the case. Residents are encouraged to contact the police department at 360-403-3400 with any information.

Machoduck

Save this story. I've been told (by Massad Ayoob et al) that this would prove prior knowledge that home invasions occur in your area. If this isn't your area save it anyway and wait for one in your area. I'm sure you won't have to wait long. The purpose of the proof of prior knowledge is to that you acted reasonably in preparing yourself for possible home invasion.

MD

amlevin

Save this story. I've been told (by Massad Ayoob et al) that this would prove prior knowledge that home invasions occur in your area. If this isn't your area save it anyway and wait for one in your area. I'm sure you won't have to wait long. The purpose of the proof of prior knowledge is to that you acted reasonably in preparing yourself for possible home invasion.

MD

And when you print it to save, make sure the paper is real soft. It will then be more usefull than it would if the shooting is not justified to begin with.

Regardless of whether you have incidents like this in your neighborhood or not, in Washington State you are guaranteed the right under the State Constitution to arm yourself for self defense. If you do have to use deadly force you will always have to show that it was justifiied in YOUR case, not your neighbors, or someone elses across town.

Read the account real careful, especially the part where "several of the victims were able to identify one of the suspects". More likely than not, this invasion was done by at least one party that was known to the victims. All the more reason to be totally aware of who lives in your neighborhood, who is allowed into your home, and how much information you share about what's in your home.

BTW, how many here have a decent lock on their front door with enough reinforcement in the frame keep someone from just kicking it in? How many go to the front door to answer a knock or door bell, and open wide expecting to see someone selling candy door to door? How many go to the front door barefoot (or in stocking feet) and leave their firearm next to the TV Guide and Remote? How many here have the means to ID someone at the front door WITHOUT opening or looking through the peep-hole (when it turns dark to the person looking in from the outside. they know exactly where their prey is)?

Those are the things that need prep work, not saving articles on home invasions in the area unless you want something to read in the bathroom.

Batousaii

Yes Sir!

Another good argument for being armed even in your house.
- My 1911 is NEVER more than an arms reach away - my XM177E2 (Ar-15 carbine) is easily accessible as well... 1911 can get me to my carbine as needed. Infact, a BG would have a better survival rate attacking me away from the house (debateable)... my house is my castle.

Force yer way in bad guys... lemme know how that works for ya...:mad:

Last edited:

k.rollin

I'm the same way Bat, just replace the 1911 with a Smith & Wesson M&P 40, and the XM177E2 with a DPMS Panther Arms Lite-16, for the time being anyways. Can't forget about the Winchester 1200 that's also easy to access if need be. I don't plan on anyone coming in while I'm home unless I let them in.

SargentMac

... BTW, how many here have a decent lock on their front door with enough reinforcement in the frame keep someone from just kicking it in? How many go to the front door to answer a knock or door bell, and open wide expecting to see someone selling candy door to door? How many go to the front door barefoot (or in stocking feet) and leave their firearm next to the TV Guide and Remote? How many here have the means to ID someone at the front door WITHOUT opening or looking through the peep-hole (when it turns dark to the person looking in from the outside. they know exactly where their prey is)?

Those are the things that need prep work, not saving articles on home invasions in the area unless you want something to read in the bathroom.

Yesterday my wife and I were sitting in our living room playing with my 11 month old son. I had just been making a one-point sling to attach my AR to my tac-vest so it was laying on the dining room table (ummmm, good eatin'). Anyway, the door bell rings and we aren't expecting anyone. All of our family knows to knock in case my son is napping. So I stand up, grab my AR, and head for the door. I check through the window at the door and it's some older guy in a tshirt and jeans. I open the door and expose my strong side with my Beretta holstered, and my AR in hand. I think the guy just about had a heart attack. I gave him a big smile and asked,"Can I help you?".

He started stuttering something about putting up "For Rent" signs. I told him I didn't know anything about it and asked if he had a work order. He did, and I took a look. Turns out he was supposed to be one street over.

Any time I get someone at my door, I try to get a look at who it is from the window, but I have one of my firearms with me when I greet them. My wife doesn't answer the door, she just grabs my Beretta and steps out onto the balcony which overlooks the front of our place. If she doesn't know the person at the door, she makes the Beretta readily visible and talks to them from up there.