• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wife has accused me of DV for things that happened 20+ years ago.

wrightme

Wow! Since this happened 5 years ago obviously she wasn't to hurt either physically or in pride to file a police report when it happened. So with that in mind, after 5 years everyone should just believe her because as you stated above, "Husbands are to love their wives...not abuse them.".

Huh? The 5 years was the RO, NOT the incident.
Deleted personal attack and use of "woman" in a negative context- Gray OCDO Moderator Team. That is BS pure and simple. I think the wife should be made to undergo a psychological evaluation. There is more to this story all right and I am sure it probably has a lot to do with who she has been seeing behind his back.
Huh?

You have no sympathy from me...even if your wife is awful. My wife and I have had a number of spats during our 40 years of marriage. I have never found an excuse to raise a hand against her. Because of that, she has no fear of me. That is the way it should be.

I suggest reading a bit closer prior to responding to posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweety

Banned
Concur with the above statement. My husband and I have been together for over 4 years and we've never raised a hand towards each other. The fact that you physically pushed your wife off of the bed while you were awake means you intentionally committed assault against a spouse/intimate partner. It's not a situation where you were sleeping and while you were tossing and turning.

Welcome to the land of doing something really stupid where you lose your gun rights. This would happen in ANY state, not just California.

So Gray, if you and your husband were joking around, lets say chasing each other through the house and laughing and having a good time and he stumbles and falls against a piece of furniture and gets a few scratches, blows it off as nothing and then in 5 years uses it against you to get a divorce, you concur with that as well? I guess you get what you deserve since you were chasing him through the house with no regard for his safety. I do not think it fair that any of us judge the OP in this situation and just automatically take her word for things. That is what trials, judges and jurys are for.
Deleted completely off-topic comments that have nothing to do with the original post. My comments in other forums is not a question here. Stay on topic -Gray OCDO Moderator Team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tweety

Banned
Huh? The 5 years was the RO, NOT the incident.

Huh?

I suggest reading a bit closer prior to responding to posts.

I stand corrected om the 5 year remark. However, if this was such a serious incident, why didn't the OP's wife call the police immediately? I think it is more like an act of vengeance. The whole woman scorned thing. Either way I do not think it is fair for any of us to pass judgement on the OP. He has been convicted of nothing and at this point is merely a subject of allegations, which may very well be untrue.

wrightme

I stand corrected om the 5 year remark. However, if this was such a serious incident, why didn't the OP's wife call the police immediately? I think it is more like an act of vengeance. The whole woman scorned thing. Either way I do not think it is fair for any of us to pass judgement on the OP. He has been convicted of nothing and at this point is merely a subject of allegations, which may very well be untrue.
I would not be surprised if all of this is the case. She wanted out, he obliged with an actionable event, she capitalized. He is screwed.
And, this falls under "be careful what you wish for......
Oh this just made my day..... Best news I could ask for... Well the second best. I'm still hoping to hear from my wife "I'm leaving you forever"... ROFL

Last edited:

Tweety

Banned
I was awakened by two Riverside Sheriff's dept deputies about two weeks ago now. My wife gave them the keys to the house. I was awakened, and when I came out of my bedroom they were standing there with their guns pointing at me. I raised my hands up in the air momentarilly, and asked what's up. They checked the house to make sure no one else was there, then served me with DV papers, and divorce papers. I was told to pack. They asked where my weapons were. I told them my two rifles were behind the bedroom door, and my .40 was in the safe. I have a court appearance on 9/15. Does anyone have any idea what I should expect?

The deputies DID NOT copnfiscate my weapons at the time this transpired. I don't know about now. I haven't been able to go home, or talk to wife. NOT ALLOWED.

9/15 I just got back from court. It wasn't the 20 year old stuff. I pushed her off the bed one night when I was trying to sleep. 5 year restraining order, weapons gone. 1200 a month in support. Still waiting for the divorce court. I feel a little relieved to almost be done with her. Huh. My wife has turned in my rifles, and I asked the judge to make sure she turned in my pistol.

Hang in there Pinche, don't let the negative comments bring you down. Prove your innocence in court and walk away with your chin up. Remember this is America, innocent until proven guilty in the court of law beyond a reasonable doubt as determined by a jury of your peers.