Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Victim gives gun to woman who wanted to shoot him.....DUH!

Victim gives gun to woman who wanted to shoot him.....DUH!

"They had quarreled before fatal incident - Man handed gun to own shooter".

'If I had a gun I would shoot you'

Brian J. Pedersen Arizona Daily Star | Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 12:00 am

An 18-year-old man slain during a weekend party in the Mount Lemmon area handed a loaded gun to a woman who said she wanted to shoot him, court records show.

Marisela Romero is accused of killing 18-year-old Rene Carrillo during a party along the Mount Lemmon Control Road early Saturday. She was booked on suspicion of second-degree murder, but has since been released to the supervision of Pima County's Pretrial Services Division, according to documents filed in Pima County Justice Court.

Witnesses told Pima County sheriff's deputies that Romero shot Carrillo after the two got in an argument.

Romero was upset at Carrillo because he was harassing her, prompting Romero to say "If I had a gun I would shoot you," a probable-cause statement filed in Pima County Justice Court indicates.

Carrillo handed Romero the gun. She pointed it at Carrillo's head and pulled the trigger, killing him, according to court records.

Romero told authorities she thought the gun was unloaded and had intended only to scare Carrillo, records show.

Carrillo's death is the first homicide reported in the Santa Catalinas since April 2002, when a woman was found shot to death near the Palisades Ranger Station, according to Star archives. That case remains unsolved.

Pretty effective lesson that one should consider all guns as loaded. I have heard that mental weakness tends to remove itself from the Gene pool. Perhaps that is true.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

All I can say is....Wow.

Sounds like a pretty shallow gene pool ... more like a puddle possibly ?
    - Knowledge is power and there IS strength in numbers -

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."
    - Thomas Jefferson

i know some of the family of the shooter personally, and the guy that was killed is my cousin's in-law. It's actually much worse than what the article says.

Apparently the reason she thought the gun was not loaded was that they had all been drinking and "playing" with unloaded guns all night. Apparently they had been dry firing some revolvers at each other's heads all night, so she thought the gun was still unloaded.

Wow, just wow! Even the family is saying that she should not avoid prosecution for something because, after all, someone is dead.

GUNS ARE NOT TOYS! I don't know what these kids were thinking!!!!
    Last edited by Dahwg; 09-15-2010 at 11:04 PM.

While this is a very horrible incident, I believe natural selection and Darwinism was at work here.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    The guy was brain-dead before she fired.

I feel sorry for her, and for the families and friends.

Angry You better learn some respect!

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Totally inappropriate. Calm down if you want to stay here.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydaves View Post
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Totally inappropriate. Calm down if you want to stay here.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    [Miller vs. U.S., 230 F. Supp. 486, 489 (1956)]
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”
    [Sherar vs. Cullen, 481 F2d. 946 (1973)]

I am guessing that you have a dog in this race, so to speak.

If it is true that they were dry firing throughout the night, then it stands to reason that the only reason why the guy was shot with a loaded gun was because 1. he loaded said gun himself and 2. he was wanting to be shot with said bullet that he loaded in said gun.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if someone is dry firing at your head all night long, they won't hesitate to do it for the 50th time, even though you secretly loaded the gun.

IMHO this was an assisted suicide with the woman not realizing that she was being forced to play executioner.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    I am guessing that you have a dog in this race, so to speak.

If it is true that they were dry firing throughout the night, then it stands to reason that the only reason why the guy was shot with a loaded gun was because 1. he loaded said gun himself and 2. he was wanting to be shot with said bullet that he loaded in said gun.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that if someone is dry firing at your head all night long, they won't hesitate to do it for the 50th time, even though you secretly loaded the gun.

IMHO this was an assisted suicide with the woman not realizing that she was being forced to play executioner.
    naw man, don't make excuses for them. Dry firing or not, this chick pointed a gun a persons head. Not only did she point it at the head, she pulled the trigger.

She should not be surprised at her jail sentence. Homeboy heard her say she would kill him had she been in possession of a gun...so he handed her a loaded gun. I mean wtf did you think was going to happen?

Last edited by Schlitz; 10-08-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    “The claim and exercise of a constitutional right cannot be converted into a crime.”
    “There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of his exercise of constitutional rights.”

You feel sorry for her?

Quote Originally Posted by DVC View Post
    The guy was brain-dead before she fired.

I feel sorry for her, and for the families and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlitz View Post
    naw man, don't make excuses for them. Dry firing or not, this chick pointed a gun a persons head. Not only did she point it at the head, she pulled the trigger.

She should not be surprised at her jail sentence. Homeboy heard her say she would kill him had she been in possession of a gun...so he handed her a loaded gun. I mean wtf did you think was going to happen?
    Naw, not trying to make excuses, just trying to say that the guy wanted to be dead, clearly.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Naw, not trying to make excuses, just trying to say that the guy wanted to be dead, clearly.
    naw man, I know what you're saying.... naw....

Last edited by Schlitz; 10-08-2011 at 02:06 AM.

I take it that you are upset with today's verdict, then?

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crim...cc4c002e0.html

A Tucson girl who shot and killed an acquaintance on Mt. Lemmon last year was acquitted Friday after less than two hours of deliberations.

Deputy Pima County Attorney Carolyn Nedder had sought a negligent homicide conviction for Marisela Romero, 19, a conviction that could have resulted in as many as eight* years in prison or a probationary term.
    cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt

Thumbs down How do you know?

Kimminau told jurors Romero had no way to know the gun was loaded
    DEAR LORD!!!! WHAT TYPE OF GUN WAS THIS WHERE THERE WAS NO WAY TO TELL IT WAS LOADED!?

Romero and even the owner of the gun thought the hammer had to be pulled back in order for the gun to discharge. Neither realized the gun could discharge merely by pulling the trigger.
    ^

You know this how.
    Bro...bro....if someone says "If I had a gun I'd shoot you" and you hand them a loaded gun.....it's pretty safe to say you want to be dead.

You got that right.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyMike View Post
    http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crim...cc4c002e0.html

A Tucson girl who shot and killed an acquaintance on Mt. Lemmon last year was acquitted Friday after less than two hours of deliberations.

Deputy Pima County Attorney Carolyn Nedder had sought a negligent homicide conviction for Marisela Romero, 19, a conviction that could have resulted in as many as eight* years in prison or a probationary term.
    You bet! All that needed to be proved was that a normal person in respect would not do what she did. No one in their right mind would point a gun at someone and pull the trigger of a gun they did not know was loaded it not. Just neglect that's it. And that's exactly Wut she did. But the jury was too ignorant to use the cells they have. Apparently they would have done the same thing.

Bro...bro....if someone says "If I had a gun I'd shoot you" and you hand them a loaded gun.....it's pretty safe to say you want to be dead.
    You say that to me if one of your good friends said that in a joking manner and you had close to 18 beers under your belt and in all respect you thought she was joking. I'm not saying it was smart. No person that drinks while holding a firearm is being smart. But by no means can you jump to conclusions and say he's trying to have an assisted suicide. Shouldn't have drank and had guns.

DEAR LORD!!!! WHAT TYPE OF GUN WAS THIS WHERE THERE WAS NO WAY TO TELL IT WAS LOADED!?

^
    Lemme tell ya bro it was a sad display of faking like she had no idea Wut a gun even was. It was a cheap revolver. Supposedly double and single action.

You say that to me if one of your good friends said that in a joking manner and you had close to 18 beers under your belt and in all respect you thought she was joking. I'm not saying it was smart. No person that drinks while holding a firearm is being smart. But by no means can you jump to conclusions and say he's trying to have an assisted suicide. Shouldn't have drank and had guns.
    My friends and I don't get wasted and handle firearms... neither do we "joke" about killing people...

Shouldn't have drank and had guns.
    That's a fair statement, which is why people are saying this was Darwin's theory playing itself out. Only the strong/smart survive. You want to drink and handle firearms? You die off and you are not able to reproduce. It isn't a "nice" thing to say about your friend, but it is true. His stupid actions lead to his death, he will no longer be able to reproduce because of his stupid decision that night.

Its a forum ******

Calling someone dumb while misspelling "you're?" I lol'd.

By the way its called a forum not a grammar test. Should I check my punctuation also. Or is saying also not proper English. Seriously that's your big put down? You really are a tool. I can explain the definition of that to you if you'd like. Ooh look I used an apostrophe. See your already helping my punctuation. Thank you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast