• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Confronted at Tolt MacDonald Park (King County Parks)

Wolfebane

The USMC has 11 General Orders:

1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.

2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert, and observing everything that takes place within sight or hearing.

3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.

4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.

5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.

6. To recieve, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me, all orders from the Commanding Oficer, Officer Of the Day, and officers, and noncomissioned officers of the guard only.

7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.

8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.

9. To call the corporal of the guard in any case not covered by instructions.

10. To salute all officers, and all colors and standards not cased.

11. To be especially watchful at night and, during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post, and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

I still have all of those memorized...when that army guy was like "ooh 4 is hard" first thing I thought was...try 11 :p

jt59

I still have all of those memorized...when that army guy was like "ooh 4 is hard" first thing I thought was...try 11 :p

If you think 11 is good....this always impressed the heck out of me....still working on it, though :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ov4epAJRPMw

Now, back to memorizing the RCW's and repeating them back under stress....

Last edited:

daddy4count

It's a beautiful park... we'll probably go back to rent a yurt this winter since our annual Xmas trip to Leavenworth will probably be canceled due to lack of funds this year.

It would be a beautiful place for an OCDO picnic

;)

3fgburner

Actually there are only 3 General Orders in the Army.

I did have to double check on the 3rd one. There was however a refered to 4th General Order but it is not official.
4. I will walk my post from flank to flank, and take no **** from any rank.

The whole of #4 is: "I will walk my post from flank to flank, and take no $#!+ from any rank. The only orders I received, are from the @#$%er I just relieved."

TechnoWeenie

Simple. They have a navy man read them to him, then he memorizes them cause he can't read. lol (Ridge is now running and ducking for cover)!

Why are you going for this?

marpatdigitalcover.jpg

Genken

A bit OT, but I've done forgot my General Orders word for word. However, memory of what they are should suffice to my duties:

1: I stay where I'm told to be, and I don't leave until the guy I know that is supposed to relieve me shows up, and he know's what's happened.

2: I do everything I was told to do, and I do my job in the best way possible.

3: I give an entire brief, with death-by-power-point if able, to everyone relieving me. Everybody is then on the same page, and if need be, I will spend even a half-hour there after I'm relieved making sure they are strait.

Never heard of the 4th one, but I like it. And it's true. You can be a 4 star general entering my AO, but if NOBODY is supposed to be there, I will let you know.