• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling All Guitar Players and Music Lovers

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As many of you know, In my real job, I am a software developer. Recently, I formed a small venture with a friend of mine to develop applications for the Android phone market.

Today we released our first app. It is called Guitar Ear Trainer and it is a fun game which allows you test and develop your ability to identify chords.

In an act of shameless self-promotion, I am posting an announcement here knowing that many gun guys and gals are also musicians. Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you decide you don't like it, remember that the Android Market gives you 24 hours to return an app for a full refund.

Either way, I would love to hear what you think!

It is under Games ---> Brain and Puzzle in the Market or you can simply search for Guitar Ear Trainer.

Thanks!

John

sudden valley gunner

Damn!!!!

As many of you know, In my real job, I am a software developer. Recently, I formed a small venture with a friend of mine to develop applications for the Android phone market.

Today we released our first app. It is called Guitar Ear Trainer and it is a fun game which allows you test and develop your ability to identify chords.

In an act of shameless self-promotion, I am posting an announcement here knowing that many gun guys and gals are also musicians. Give it a try and let me know what you think. If you decide you don't like it, remember that the Android Market gives you 24 hours to return an app for a full refund.

Either way, I would love to hear what you think!

It is under Games ---> Brain and Puzzle in the Market or you can simply search for Guitar Ear Trainer.

Thanks!

John

I have Blackberry but might be replacing wife's phone with android. Her Mogul's screen bust. I am a guitar player and write music.

1245A Defender

This thread is not OC related.
I know this is the social lounge, but
even though you would like to sell some of these,
if they are worth the time and interest of the members,
then THEY will keep it near the top due to replies.

THIS DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A STICKY!

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I think, being your first app, that you should offer a lite version for people to test out for free like most of the developers do. Maybe that would get it going a little faster. Just include the major open chords or something.

I know it's only $.99 but when most people search for apps (myself included) on the android market I always search for free ones. If I test them out and like them, I usually buy the full version. There is no point in searching in paid apps right away when I might find something that does what I want for free.

On another note; I do believe that Android is definitely the place to be making apps right now. The projected marketshare should be pretty scary for apple.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
AsIn an act of shameless self-promotion, I am posting an announcement here knowing that many gun guys and gals are also musicians. Give it a try and let me know what you think.

I've heard great things about the Android! However, my budget requires me to stick with pre-paid cell, for now.

In the meantime, I was given a guitar in 2005, from a gent I met at a bar who realized I was in the deep throws of divorce and said "you need this a lot more than I do." I put it away for four and a half years, but drug it out, tuned it, and began learning how to play it in January of this year. I've learned about twenty chords, and have half a dozen songs under my belt, including Don McClean's American Pie (that's not easy! - lots of fast chord progressions!)

It helps. :)

- since9

MedicineMan

I'm learning (at 45 y/o) to play guitar.

I play a little (badly) and LOUD.

Doesn't sound as bad when it's accompanied by vibrating windows and dishes.
LOL

Sounds like a neat program.
No "smart phone" here, but would consider for the laptop or PC.

wrightme

John

This thread is not OC related.
I know this is the social lounge, but
even though you would like to sell some of these,
if they are worth the time and interest of the members,
then THEY will keep it near the top due to replies.

THIS DOES NOT DESERVE TO BE A STICKY!

LOL, it isn't "worth the time and interest of the members...."

But, it IS "worth the time and interest of the owner. :D

Malcolm

That's great.

My wife has an android. I'm a little bit too late in the game for the smart phone biz, but she's always downloading the music things as I play guitar and bass. I'll have her check it out.

raven81686

I'm learning (at 45 y/o) to play guitar.

I play a little (badly) and LOUD.

Doesn't sound as bad when it's accompanied by vibrating windows and dishes.
LOL

Sounds like a neat program.
No "smart phone" here, but would consider for the laptop or PC.

Don't worry take it from me I play guitar, bass, and to many other instruments to list; a true musician will never be as good as the want. I started playing when I was about 10 (15 years ago) and I still find my self geting frustrated trying to learn new things so hang in there!

Last edited: