Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Royal Oaks discussion on Gun Free Zones

Royal Oaks discussion on Gun Free Zones

They even discuss the problem they may have going to the supreme court....

Money

Must be why they are going to raise their parking cost in the city.

http://blip.tv/file/4120091?utm_source=player_embedded

Here is the public comments as well. http://blip.tv/file/4120134?utm_source=player_embedded
    "It isn't that Liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" --Ronald Reagan

Ah, government trying to tell We The People that we cannot carry firearms.

Isn't that why the Second Amendment exists in the first place???

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post

PD wasn't that you that told them, they basically will lose? Ha ha...
    "It isn't that Liberals are ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so" --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear1098 View Post
    PD wasn't that you that told them, they basically will lose? Ha ha...
    Yes.

I was contacted by the Daily Tribune today, I told them that they were basically "spitting into the wind". Little did I know that the City Commissioners actually used that same language to describe their actions.

Priceless!

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Angry

Most of these folks may have never read the Constitution, let alone ever picked up a history book. Which means sooner or later we are bound to repeat past history over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqQqYj-pbdg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nurM0...eature=related [Uncle Ted says it all here]!

SIGH!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-14-2010 at 06:46 PM.

PD looks like they are building a war chest by raising the parking meter rates to a buck an hour. Maybe they feel it will go to the supreme court. What would be funny is, if an Oakland County judge told them to pound sand.

I guess we will see....

Quote Originally Posted by Jerbear1098 View Post
    PD looks like they are building a war chest by raising the parking meter rates to a buck an hour. Maybe they feel it will go to the supreme court. What would be funny is, if an Oakland County judge told them to pound sand.

I guess we will see....
    Their "war chest" just took a $686,000 hit by having to pay out a settlement to a family who's father was killed by a ROPD officer when she plowed ino his car as she was texting. Oops.
    Last edited by scot623; 09-14-2010 at 06:57 PM.

Now is the time to turn their own words against them. It has become a matter of Principle now. I shall not be angry with them, I shall instead be resolute in my stance against them. It has come to this.

It is time for another Letter to the City Commissioners of Royal Oak. It is time for another Open Letter to our Michigan Legislators.

The Royal Oak City Government has passed a resolution where they want State Law to require persons to disarm prior to interacting with the Government.

The Royal Oak City Government has passed another resolution where they want State Law to require persons to disarm prior to attending a festival.

It is clear that they do not respect our rights. It is clear that they do not believe a person's life is worth protecting.

I find the parking meter thing funny. Parking for free is no issue whatsoever in downtown Royal Oak for anyone who can walk 1/4 of a mile. Either they will try and enforce a parking permit system as they have in Birmingham which will stir up business for Clawson, or it will have little economic impact. Either way, their lack of creativity amuses me.

It is clear that they do not respect our rights. It is clear that they do not believe a person's life is worth protecting.
    Unless of course if it's one of theirs.
    Last edited by Michigander; 09-14-2010 at 09:40 PM.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Banned

Message sent to legislature

As you know, Michigan law honors a persons right to self defense in following with both the state and federal constitutions. Royal oak is actively seeking to squelch the law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms at festivals, and government meetings. there have been shootings in every single gun free zone as these areas do nothing to stop nor discourage criminals and active shooters from committing their heinous crimes. All it does do, is to disarm those who will follow the laws, these same people will not of course, break laws that endanger people either.

The city of Royal Oak, knowing about the constitution, the preemption law, and Michigans concealed carry laws, disregards them, and seeks any way to slither around them. Now they are seeking changes in the law, being unable to subvert them. They are trying to disarm the people, trying to expand gun free zones, and are seeking a change in our laws, or a clouding of certain definitions within the law to fit their unsafe, and unconstitutional veiwpoints.

As a concerned citizen, I would encourage you to continue to uphold the constitution, and add nothing to the laws as they stand. It would be much better in fact for the safety and rights of all of our citizens if the gun free zones that are now in place were eliminated altogether.

Every anti-2A person should watch this video; it pretty much sums up the insanity of our 911 will save you society.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb3rA...eature=related

In my opinion these rulings should be sticky's on the front pages of all pro 2A sites as we know Anti's often browse our sites. Maybe they may actually learn something that could change their minds?

Banned
    They would say "it cant happen to me", or "the odds of it happening are" or ist better to have an isolated incident of violence than to have the wild west with blood in the streets

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    wild west with blood in the streets
    And to that I say:

"Because thousands died at the ABE festival!"

Quote Originally Posted by office888 View Post
    And to that I say:

"Because thousands died at the ABE festival!"

Really... bad booze eh?

Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

45:00 to the end of video 4 was pretty interesting. Rasor was losing his cool a bit over another issue and then you get the feeling three or four council members don't really care for Mr. Rasor too much, lol. Rasor also interrupted during public comment again at 16:20 - 17:20 of video 1. Twas semi amusing. Geez, this guy just can't control himself.
    "Are you sure Hank done it this way?" - Waylon Jennings

Moderator / Administrator
    What's funny is 'changing one word" will merely require CPL holders to open carry at festivals like arts, beats, and eats.

These council members and the reporters covering them seem to be lost in space on this issue.

Banned
    Last edited by stainless1911; 09-16-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What's funny is 'changing one word" will merely require CPL holders to open carry at festivals like arts, beats, and eats.

These council members and the reporters covering them seem to be lost in space on this issue.
    And I purposely did not bring this up...

Exclamation Dooooh!

Hahaha that's exactly what I was thinking. We should keep this to ourselves if they do pull it off, and then show up next year OCing. Can you imagine...
    Uhmmmm so we post it here for the world to see....

Cost of living in a place where people are constantly trying to take your rights away...vigilance.

Not giving them ammo to speed them along in their mission...PRICELESS!
    Last edited by Glock9mmOldStyle; 09-16-2010 at 04:46 AM. Reason: ***Not directed at you Stainless1911***

WJR Speaks to Mayor with regards to OC at Arts beats and Eats

live every day like its your last cause one day you will be right

Good Job Frank !!!!! Charging a fee to walk public streets. No one has gotten back to Ellison... Hahahaha..... They aren't either!

Mayor Ellison "It wasn't an issue". Buuuuut we'll ask to have the laws changed anyways. Pathetic. Want to change anymore laws that are working? The 25 mph residential speed limit is working well, lets change that too. The law making the legal drinking age 21 seems good...but lets change that one while were at it. Idiot.

Banned
    Um, the 25 mph limit only works well for little towns that have nothing better to do than to rob people at gunpoint as they pass by. Clarkston is losing their PD because people finally got tired of their $#!+.

Um, the 25 mph limit only works well for little towns that have nothing better to do than to rob people at gunpoint as they pass by. Clarkston is losing their PD because people finally got tired of their $#!+.
    Figures you couldn't just let my random examples make my point. Just had to derail this thread by arguing about MORE laws you don't like following. Just let it go and let this thread get back on topic.
    Last edited by scot623; 09-17-2010 at 10:13 PM.

Banned
    OK, back on topic then. On the video, a comment was made about a stampede as a result of a gunshot at the festival. Wether an ND, or self defense, the guy has a valid point, and I think that we should be able to address it in an intelligent way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast