• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Royal Oaks discussion on Gun Free Zones

scot623

Mayor Ellison "It wasn't an issue". Buuuuut we'll ask to have the laws changed anyways. Pathetic. Want to change anymore laws that are working? The 25 mph residential speed limit is working well, lets change that too. The law making the legal drinking age 21 seems good...but lets change that one while were at it. Idiot.

scot623

Um, the 25 mph limit only works well for little towns that have nothing better to do than to rob people at gunpoint as they pass by. Clarkston is losing their PD because people finally got tired of their $#!+.

Figures you couldn't just let my random examples make my point. Just had to derail this thread by arguing about MORE laws you don't like following. Just let it go and let this thread get back on topic.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
OK, back on topic then. On the video, a comment was made about a stampede as a result of a gunshot at the festival. Wether an ND, or self defense, the guy has a valid point, and I think that we should be able to address it in an intelligent way.

scot623

OK, back on topic then. On the video, a comment was made about a stampede as a result of a gunshot at the festival. Wether an ND, or self defense, the guy has a valid point, and I think that we should be able to address it in an intelligent way.

Based on that thought process, police officers shouldn't carry guns at festivals like AB&E or event like Woodward Dream Cruise or parades, private security shouldn't carry guns in stadiums, and the secret service shouldn't carry guns at public Presidential visits. All those places have large crowds that would be spooked if a gun shot rang out. Dumb.